Saturday, August 18, 2007

34 things I know for sure...


Today is my birthday! As of 1:17 this morning I turned 34 years-old. In honor of this day, here are 34 things I have learned about life...

1. Age is just a number.

2. One small but sincere compliment can uplift you for days!

3. Believing in your children is one of the greatest gifts you can give them.

4. Women need women.

5. Chocolate really can alter your mood.

6. Learning builds confidence.

7. Everyone has something they can teach you.

8. One person's mood can affect everyone around them.

9. Take the breath mint.

10. Don't forget to grease the wheel that doesn't squeak.

11. God lives.

12. You can have a house filled with stuff but if it is not what you need, it will never satisfy you, no matter how much you have.

13. If mama ain't happy...ain't nobody happy!

14. You can't reason with a 2 year old.

15. You can reason with a 3 year-old, but only 1/2 of the time.

16. 4 year-olds are fabulous!

17. Pick your battles.

18. A picture freezes a moment in time.

19. Giving birth to a baby by c-section isn't that bad.

20. Think before you speak.

21. Having a front loading washer and dryer ROCKS!

22. Playing is good for your body, mind and spirit.

23. Having gratitude in your heart can bring so much happiness to your life.

24. A loyal friend is worth their weight in gold.

25. A smile is contagious.

26. Laughing at yourself is more fun than picking yourself apart.

27. Comparing yourself with others isn't a fun game and accomplishes absolutely nothing!

28. Love is a verb.

29. Hubands enjoy getting gifts, too...including flowers!
30. Eating nothing is better than eating a salad with fat-free salad dressing.

31. Heavenly Father hears our prayers.

32. It's ok to show your flaws. It makes you real and more accessible to others.

33. Saying you're sorry isn't easy but it's well worth the effort.
34. Life is way too short to worry about what other people think of you...enjoy your own uniqueness!

8 comments:

Shannon b said...

happy birthday jodi! And waaay inspirational list - so many great thoughts. Thanks for sharing all your wisdom!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I didn't call yesterday but we were waaaaay busy. I love your list and I love you! Hope your day was FANTASTIC!

Darilyn said...

I love your list. I definitely agree with the fat free salad dressing. I've yet to find a good one.

Merilee said...

Hey Jody, Hope you had a great birthday. Thanks for letting us hang out Friday night.
Love the list. #9 cracked me up. Oh, and I love your song. I'd never heard it before.

Anonymous said...

I loved everything on your list! You are definitely 34 years wise my friend! I'm so glad you had a happy birthday :)

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heidi said...

Love this Jody, thanks for the wise words and I am so happy for your 12 year anniversary! You two are adorable and set an example for others...your patience and love in mothering is admirable. Hugs!

heidi said...

Thanks for sharing your wisdom Jody! Your marriage is an example for all of us and you should be proud of the life you have!! It really is beautiful. Your patience and love for your children is reflected in their eyes, you will be blessed throughout your entire iife, and you deserve it!