Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Staying Alive...

Living Fully has taken a back seat to just staying alive this past week. Our whole family has come down with a bug that completely wiped us out. Coughing, sneezing, running nose, fever and chills...it's been nasty. Usually when a bug comes through...one of the adults in the house is well enough to care for everyone else but not this time. Jamie and I both got sick (Jamie even stayed home from work...which is virtually unheard of) so we had to take turns resting and taking care of the kids throughout the day and night. I have never seen a more pathetic and awful sounding family than ours this past week. UGH!

Our little Ben has been completely lathargic, sitting in front of the TV for hours (what else can he do?) but yesterday we thought we noticed a little more spunk in him and his appetite came back. I was excited and thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I was wrong (insert Ron White's voice)! He was up literally ALL night screaming of pain in his ear. So we are headed to the doctor today to see about an ear infection.

Will we ever enter the land of the living again?!

12 comments:

Aundrea said...

Oh man! I was hoping you guys were on the mend too! I hope you ALL start feeling better soon! Maybe I need to bring over a big pot of chicken noodle soup;)

Shannon b said...

oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for you guys. When both parents get sick, that just does not work! And I'm sad to hear about Ben. Hopefully you're able to get some meds and everyone can be back on the mend REAL soon! If you need anything, I'm happy to help!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you will enter the land of the living again ... as soon as you get some amoxicillin pumping through the kids. It's amazing how fast they can turn around from an ear infection after a few doses of that stuff. And like I said, I would consider getting checked for a sinus infection yourself, considering that can be a nasty tag along to the bad flu bugs. I'm so sorry that you have felt yucky for so long, this bug is a bad one this year!!! I *really* hope that you all recover soon, and can get back to life as a healthy and happy family :) Love ya!!!

Paige said...

Hang in there!! This too shall pass. Then you can go out in the backyard and soak up some sun. :)

Jill said...

Poor little guy! We sure have missed him in class. I hope that you're all feeling better soon. Tell Ben we've missed him!

Julee and Matt said...

I am right there with you!! I know we will both get through this bug, and then remind it that it's never allowed back!! Love ya!

Merilee said...

Oh man! I hope you guys feel better soon.

Michelle said...

Oh Jodi, I am so sorry! Hopefully health is on the way! I hope Ben's Dr gave you some numbing drops for his ears so you can both get some rest. They worked magic with Rowan last time he had an infection, they killed the pain while we waited for the antibiotics to kick in.

Darilyn said...

yes, those numbing drops are incredible. I'm sending get healthy wishes your way!

Rochelle said...

Jodi, That really sucks! I am sorry. Hopefull it passes soon, you know now that it has taken up almost two weeks of the living people world.

Toshia said...

I heard you were home sick :( I hope that you are starting to feel better, I heard Aundrea made it over with her famous homemade chicken soup... lucky! Get well soon.

Heather said...

Well...hmm, I used to work at Courtsports, then at Sacred Heart while I was in Eugene, I did hiphop dance at Golds for awhile...as for Les Schwab, I dated a guy for 3 years who works there, but that was in Ashland! I don't give up easily, lol, I can picture you talking and being upbeat and friendly, so I know that I know you from somewhere! I'll just keep trying! Oh, and I LOVE the pioneer woman blog, she is so funny!