Megan wanted in on the action. Girls like John Deer's, too!
After the crisp air had woken him up...Grandma would take over. Whatever Ben fancied for breakfast...Grandma cooked it. She also let him sit in front of the TV to watch Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry and then she played with him and Meg until their little hearts were content. I mean...ALL DAY PLAYING. I'm not kidding. My mom has a boundless amount of energy!
This stroller was mine when I was little. My parents saved it in the attic ALL these years. Can you believe it? Megan just LOVED it and pushed it everywhere she went.
My Dad is a great coach. Very clear with his directions and extremely patient. He coached my little league softball team when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade and I must say after YEARS of playing...he was the best coach. He taught me ALL the most important fundamental things that made me into a good softball player. So he decided to take Ben out and work with him. I love these pictures of the two of them together playing ball. They bring back so many fond memories of my own and they truly warm my heart.
The first year of Megan's life the only person she wanted was ME. She is still a major mama's girl but she is warming up to others which made this visit extra fun for my parents. On the first day we were there, my dad taught her how to high five and from that moment on whenever anyone would hold their hand up and say 'Gimme a high-five, Megan' she would come at you with her palm held up above her head and a big grin on her face. Grandma and Grandpa ate it up. She ran around their house smiling her 'wrinkled-nose grin' and giggling up a storm. A sweet moment occurred as Megan was wandering around looking for my mom. She kept on saying 'RA RA'?...which we finally figured out was Grandma. Cute.
My mom just loved this picture of Megan with her holding the bucket like a little purse, her hip cocked to one side, looking through the fence at Grandpa and Ben on the lawnmower.
I'm not sure what she is grabbing for but she got stuck in the process! Makes me giggle!
The kids have so much room to roam at my parent's house. Here they are exploring the terrain.
My kids are lucky ducks. They have the most loving people as grandparents. What a blessing!
13 comments:
Sounds absolutely delightful!
Those are some lucky kids! What a fun place to go visit their grandparents. I loved all the cute pictures, especially the one of Megan getting stuck in the fence. Too cute!
Great pictures! Meg is always so cute, Ben too! Your parents property looks beautiful! And how sweet that they saved your toys. I have a problem getting rid of things. Jeremy gets mad and says I lack any nostalgia!
That looks so fun! I'm glad they had fun and that they are able to create such great memories of playing with their grandparents. Love the "stuck" picture, too!
Aren't grandparents fun! Very cute pictures. It looks like they have some gorgeous property!
What wonderful memories! I love that pictures of Megan with the bucket, and getting stuck.
What a fun place for you all to be able to go! It looks like a park! I bet the kids just have the time of their life there, as the pictures seem to confirm :) I agree with your mom, the one of Meg from the back holding the bucket is priceless.
Your parents have such a nice yard! Great pictures.
So cute! Your parents sure do LOVE being grandparents. I am so glad they were able to have such a fun time with them and it's so cute Ben wants to live with them.
how great that your kids have such fun grandparents. And all that space to roam, a lawn mower to ride on, and a personal breakfast chef -- I wouldn't want to leave either!
What fun!!! What a beautiful farm and beautiful memories.
What a load of fun! You have the most adorable kids who have the best grandparents in the world apparently. Cute pics!
I think that that is a benefit of living further away from grandparents. They can really enjoy the kids while they see them and spend lots of quality time with them. It sounds like a vacation I would want to take!
Post a Comment