And doesn't it look good!

Last Tuesday we celebrated Ben's birthday. 5 years old.

His special day started out with Happy Birthday banners hanging from the walls in his room (I snuck in the night before while he was asleep and carefully and quietly hung them so they would be a nice surprise when he woke up). A special breakfast...anything his little heart desired (besides a meat and cheese sandwhich. This is ALWAYS what he asks for...no matter morning, noon or night!) He decided on waffles and bacon. The bacon was a little cripsy (I always seem to overcook bacon...hmmm) but he didn't seem to mind. Next, we sat on the couch and I told him his birth story. This is a tradition that I started a few years ago and plan to do with all my children. I started to cry as I told him about the day he entered my life and what a blessing he has been every day of his 5 years on this Earth.
The doorbell rang a short time later. When we opened the door we were greeted by a huge bouquet of balloons with a #5 in the middle. A very dear friend brought Ben this sweet gift. He was in seventh heaven! Seriously. These balloons entertained us ALL day.
For his special day we let him choose between having a party at our house with lots of his friends or to enjoy a special outing at Chuck E Cheese. He chose Chuck E. Cheese...with the party coming in a close second. What kid wouldn't want to go to a place where 'A kid can be a kid'? Papa and Nana and a few friends joined us and fun was had by all as we celebrated our special boy!







Happy Birthday, Ben!
15 comments:
That sounds like the perfect day to turn 5!!
How fun! Happy Birthday Ben! I love the picture of you when Ben was a newborn.
What a cute 5 year old! Looks like he had an awesome day!
He is so cute! I love his thumbs up! Happy Happy Birthday!
What a fun day! And CUTE pictures, even though there was no pictures of you with the birthday boy. I love the one of him opening his present and him and Jamie. Too Cute!
PS - Madyson just came in and was looking at Ben's pictures and said, "Look mom, that boy it cute!"
I love the tradition of telling them their birth story. How sweet is that? And did you notice how much your husband and son look alike?
I hope that he had a great birthday, Happy Birthday, Ben!
I love your birthday story idea, how special!
What a cutie! Love the thumbs up.
Hi Jodi! This is Tonya...I ran into you at the Salt Lake Temple last summer. What a coincidence! I ran into your blog through Dani's blog. I love it when that happens! Your kids are darling:0) Is it two kids that you have? Come on over and visit my blog:0)
Ohhh those pictures turned out adorable!! We had so much fun :)
Dang, IT DOES look good! Ben is a darling boy! And your little girl is adorable, too! I LOVE her cute little hair style- from the Easter photos!
I have not heard from Kirk in years, either. Last I heard is what you heard, he was working for the airlines. hmmm.
Say "hi" to your sister for me! I'm so glad we reconnected! This is fun!
Happy brithday Ben! Sounds like fun, good job to you for giving in to the Chuck E Cheese mayhem :)
That thumbs up picture is a CLASSIC! SO perfect, what a good lookin' five year old! Happy Birthday Ben.
Sounds like Ben had a great birthday! I don't think he could be any cuter!!! Happy Birthday Ben!!
Love Aunt Nikki :)
Post a Comment