Sunday, May 18, 2008

Top Ten Reasons to Sprain Your Ankle...

at the park with your friends.


10. Your friends will pick you up and help you get to the bench so you can elevate your leg.

9. Someone will run to the local market and grab a bag, ice and a wrap to help with the swelling.

8. A friend will take your phone and try calling your husband to break him the news.

7. Another friend will stand and try to cheer you up with thoughts on "Let's figure out the silver lining"!

6. A car is driven onto the grass by a friend who cares more about you than her car and the park rules (hehe). She drives right up to the bench so you won't have to hobble very far.

5. Someone offers to take your kids while you are taken to urgent care. Super sweet since neither one of them had eaten lunch and the littlest one was due for a nap. YIKES.

4. A friend will sit with you at Urgent Care for almost 3 hours while you wait, fill out paperwork, wait, get an x-ray, wait, get pushed into a patient room, wait, have your blood pressure taken, wait and finally talk to the doctor.

3. While at Urgent Care, another friend from the park will call her husband to come and drive your car home from the park for you. It will be sitting in your drive way when you get home!

2. Knowing that you will have to be on crutches and off your feet for a few days, one friend brings you books, another a sweet strawberry treat, someone else a roll-about apparatus and you receive MANY sweet phone calls wishing you well.

AND THE #1 REASON TO SPRAIN YOUR ANKLE AT THE PARK WITH FRIENDS...

1. To remember to count your many blessings and at the top of your blessings list...your amazing friends.

Love you all!

Sincerely,
'Hop Along' (formally known as Jodi)

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I was so sorry to hear about your injury! I'm glad you had all the right people with you when it happened though. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Paige said...

Glad you are feeling better! :)

Julee and Matt said...

Oh goodness! I am glad you were with your friends when it happened. Hope you feel better soon. Love you!

Shannon b said...

Honestly, I can't imagine a better set-up for something so crummy to happen unexpectedly.
*hope you heal quickly and still get to have the wonderful summer you imagined!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have been able to enjoy yourself a little as you've been forced to stay off your feet! It sounds like you have been well taken care of :) Let me know if you need any help this week, I can come pick up your kiddos anytime!

Darilyn said...

Like you said, i'm so glad you didn't have to be put in a cast for the summer. I'm so glad that you have such good friends all around you. (by the way, the hike went great in answer to your question)

Tiffini said...

Wish I could have been there to help too! Wishing you quick healing!

Tonya said...

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate turn of events! It sounds like you have tons of amazing friends who came to your rescue. Lucky you! Feel better soon:0)

rachel said...

OH NO!
What wonderful friends you have, though. That's awesome.
What a fun post to read, despite the injury.
Take care!!!

Aundrea said...

I hope it keeps getting better everyday!

Rochelle said...

Love ya!

Nicole said...

It made for an exciting day ;) I'm glad to see you up and around a bit!

Kelly said...

Poor Jodi! Sprained ankles hurt! What awesome friends!