Thursday, September 25, 2008

ABC's of Jamie...

A...Absent during hunting season. I know that I can't plan ANYTHING during hunting season because my man already has plans. He is an avid hunter.

B...Barf. Yes, you read it right. Barf. My husband has this weird choking, acidy stomach thing that he gets in the middle of the night (only on occasion) where he will randomly barf at like 3 in the morning. It was great during my prego sickness. Misery loves company.

C...Cup in hand. Whenever we go to any one's house for dinner or a party, he brings his own cup already filled with his sin juice...usually coke or pepsi and NO it's not decaffeinated that's why we call it his sin juice. Get it?

D...Daring. He regularly asks the waitress to surprise him when he orders a meal. He likes to try new things.

E...Excellent Daddy. Jamie has grown into this amazing Dad. He loves his kids and it is apparent to all those that see how he interacts with them.

F...Faith. I love to listen to his prayers. He has a lot of faith and expresses this in such a sincere, humble manner.

G...Goofy. One of the funniest moments of our marriage came when we were expecting Ben, our first baby. We were attending the birthing classes and the instructor passed around the suction device that sticks to the babies head and pulls it out if it gets stuck. Well, she wanted us to try it out on the meaty part of your palm but Jamie thought that his cheek would be a better option. I remember hearing him say, "Jodi, JODI" in a very panicked whisper. When I turned toward him, the suction device was stuck to his face and he couldn't get it off. I was dying laughing. It was the funniest site. And even better...he had a sand dollar sized red mark on his face for about 2 weeks. The guy is goofy, I tell ya :)

H...Honest Abe. Jamie is one of THE MOST HONEST men I know. He is very black and white. Things are either right or wrong. There isn't much grey in his life. I respect him immensely for that.

I...Integrity. He lives what he believes. Definitely a man of integrity.

J...Jokester. It is not uncommon in our home to find Jamie hiding around the corner in a ready position waiting for just the right moment to jump out and scare someone. He loves to make people laugh.

K...Kid at heart. He loves to get down on the floor at night and wrestle with the kids. Or play Nerf ball guns. I bought one for each of my boys at Christmas last year knowing Jamie would be devastated if he didn't have one, too!

L...Les Schwab. The man LOVES his job. Seriously. You don't want to put down the company in his presence. He is extremely loyal!

M...Man of the house. He is good at fixing the little things that come up.

N...Not to worry. Jamie takes life in stride. He doesn't worry too much and is very easy going. He is the ying to my yang because if you know me well...I am a worry wart.

O...Obviously Handsome :)

P...Patient. There have been many moments in our marriage when Jamie has taught me about patience. He is good at coming home and taking over with the kids after a rough day with them and showing them lots of patience after I have totally lost mine.

Q...Quirky. Too many to mention ;)

R...Regular Guy. He likes to sit in his chair on a Saturday, eat chips and watch TV. Yes...with the remote.

S...Super shopper. Not really. But when we go to the store together he is always WAY better at stocking up the food storage than I am. I worry about sticking within our budget but he is good at splurging. We don't need to ask our neighbors to 'spare a square' when Jamie shops.

T...Talkative. It is not uncommon for Jamie and his Home teaching companion to be gone for 2-plus hours on ONE visit. The man likes to talk and can carry on a conversation with anyone!

U...Unpredictable. He once asked a waitress for a to-go box when he had 1 french fry left on his plate. She just stood there, stunned, not knowing what to say until Jamie and I both started laughing!

V...Very loving and loyal to his family and friends. He would do just about anything for someone he cares about.

W...Witty, Weird and Wise. All seem fitting.

X...Xtremely fond of going to the cabin, ordering things from Cabelas, golfing and buying seasonal milkshakes from Burgerville.

Y...Yard lover. Jamie put in a new lawn this summer and he loves to make it look 'just so.' He mows it diagonally and likes to make certain patterns in the grass. It looks great. And because it looks so good...I don't even mind that he calls it a 'lawned' instead of 'lawn'. Sigh.

Z...Zest for life that is contagious!



Happy Birthday to my sweetheart.

Love you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crackin' up about a few things here . . . like the suction cup thingy, HILARIOUS! And the one french fry to go box moment. And his cup, I love that he has his own cup. But beyond all the humor, you have a sweet and sensitive husband who I know adores his family. Happy Birthday Jamie!!!

Aundrea said...

This was so much fun to read! I've witnessed quite a few of these:) I've got a stack of Jamie's cups in my cupboard! Happy birthday, Jamie!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie!! You always make me laugh, even if it's just a nervous giggle because I am STILL not quite sure when you are serious and when you are joking. Have a great day!

Julee and Matt said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! You really are a funny guy. :)

rachel said...

What a fun and thoughtful birthday tribute to your honey.
Hope he has a wonderful day!

How are you feeling?? Belly pics soon??

Tiffini said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! I love the suction cup story--a classic!

Shannon b said...

CUTE post! I love the story from birthing class. So how did he explain the mark to the guys are work? :)

Rochelle said...

We love Jamie and love having his fun loving self around! I too have witnessed a few of these things mentioned and they all make me smile!

Lorna said...

soooo sweet. Loved this post. Jamie is a great guy, we really like him too. Happy birthday to him.

Marie said...

Creative post. Hope it was a happy birthday!

Darilyn said...

What a great way to pay tribute to your hubby. I loved this.

Tonya said...

That was an awesome post to your hubby. He sounds like a winner! You should keep him:0) Letter G made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

We are all so blessed to have Jamie in our family! Thanks for always taking care of my sweet sister!
Love ya all!