Tuesday, November 4, 2008

28 weeks...

and the baby is about as big as a squash.




While this baby grows bigger and bigger inside of me my hormones are growing, too. Every pregnancy I can count on exactly two totally irrational, crazy, homonal days where I cry and can't stop crying...all day long! Seriously, it's weird but true.


Case in point #1...

When I was pregnant with Ben, I was mopping the floor in our old kitchen when my $5 dollar mop from Safeway broke and water splattered all over the counters and floors. Jamie was just getting home from work and found me on the floor sobbing. He thought something horribly wrong had happened and came rushing up to me asking me what was wrong. All he could get out of me through the loud sobs and rushing, stream of tears was..."I broke the mop! I broke the mop!"


Case in point #2

During this pregnancy, I was sick during my first trimester and one of the ONLY foods that tasted good ALL of the time was cottage cheese. On this particular day, I had been grocery shopping and picked up and nice big container of creamy, large curd cottage cheese! YUM. I was so excited to dig in to that baby but when I went to the fridge and opened it up...the seal was broken and the container of cottage cheese was ruined. I had no energy left in me and nothing else sounded good to eat so I sat and sobbed.

Fortunately, I only have about 2 of these per pregnancy and lucky me...my two days are already up!

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

So the cottage cheese was the first crying day of this pregnancy, what was the other? I have to know. It's killing me. These are great stories.

Toshia said...

your first story makes me laugh--reminded me of the time I knocked a glass out of the cupboard and stood there crying about it. Such a dork!