Tuesday, January 6, 2009

36 weeks...

Yes, I have officially reached watermelon status! And it seems to fit the situation perfectly. I REALLY do feel THAT big. With 4 weeks to go, everything is starting to get uncomfortable. Sitting, standing, sleeping, lifting anything (especially Megan), you name it...it hurts. And my 'tired' level is at 10+. I don't want to nap...I NEED to nap. On a positive note, there are a few things that still bring me comfort...

*My body pillow (seriously could NOT live without this the last few months of pregnancy). Wrap it between my knees and snuggle up with it under my chin and I am happy as a purring kitten.

*Chocolate hazelnut milkshakes from Burgerville. Yeah. Pathetic but true.

* Feeling the baby kick like crazy! For a while there I didn't feel much movement and I was beginning to get a little worried but the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of kicks and punches and I love every bit of it. Feeling the movement is the coolest thing. Seriously. Something I will never forget.

8 comments:

Toshia said...

The kicking and moving is the only part I miss! I remember that 36 week mark...so uncomfortable. I can't believe you get to have your little one here soon, time sure does fly by!

Anonymous said...

Wow you look GOR-geous in that family pic! 36 weeks prego and you are GLOWING! I know you feel uncomfortable, I'm just assuring you that you don't LOOK it :) I loved looking at your catch-up posts and pics! I have 20 (sad, I know) that are in the works from last summer even! I really need to get on the ball. That few months I was out of commission a lot of things just got put on hold. Anyways, hang in there - your wee little one will be here SOON! Eeek!!!! So excited for you. And I meant what I said, pick a Monday and make a day out of it. I'll even pick up Ben from school. Doesn't a pedicure sound good about now ;)

Tiffiny said...

Hang in there! The end result is worth all the drudgery of pregnancy! Or so I've been told;)

Michelle said...

You look FABULOUS! Sorry about the discomfort though, I do remember how miserable that is. Call me if you need someone to come over and help you pick something up.

Rochelle said...

You do look fabulous! I love the cute family picture!

Julee and Matt said...

You are just at the watermelon stage? Lucky girl...I think I have been here for about a month! Just think...only a few more weeks and we can bend over and tie our shoes!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You are DARLING! How exciting that baby is almost here, I hope you can enjoy these last few weeks.

rachel said...

Belly pics!! Belly pics!! Belly pics!!

(just think... the END is near!!)