Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tids of Bits...

I wonder why Ben is difficult to roll-out of bed during the school year but wakes at the crack of dawn as soon as summer vacation arrives. Argh.

From the beginning, I have been nervous about putting the two girls together in the same room. I wasn't sure how much sleep anyone would get at night and during nap time, for that matter. We went out and bought bunk beds and put one of the beds together and put the other bed into storage (by storage, I mean the heap of stuff we cram into the garage) until Ellie outgrows the crib. Megan transitioned into her new bed really well. From day one she has loved it, stayed in it and never fallen out of it. Phew! One down...one to go. About a month went by and Jamie kept asking me when we were going to put Ellie into the girl's room. I hesitated and hesitated. One night, while I was busy dragging my kickers, Jamie snuck our baby into the crib and she has been sleeping there ever since. Woot Woot! Minus a few 'less than perfect' nap times...everything has been smooth sailing.

I got on-line about a month ago to plan a few camping trips for this summer and was disappointed by the lack of availability. Spontaneous camping trips are a thing of the past. Sad.

Ben lost his second tooth. We are lucky to have an extremely talented and magical tooth fairy who is very dedicated to her job because she had to go where no other fairy would want to flutter. Stomach? Intestines? Toilet? Yep...you guessed it. Ben swallowed his tooth...we think? One day it was really loose and the next day it was gone. With his first tooth going down the drain and the second tooth getting swallowed, we are curious to see what the third tooth has in store for us. Have mercy.

Strawberry season! Yay! I love those sweet bursts of summer in my mouth.

I am considering hiring a 'laundry room attendant' or would they be called a 'laundry specialist'? Either way...they would attempt to catch me up on my pile of clean *to be ironed* clothing that is a mile high! I fear I will never get back to my regular routines.

We have been contemplating buying a new truck for quite some time now. Jamie's Toyota could only haul one kiddo and was NOT comfortable. So, when Ellie arrived we decided to search out a good deal and bite the bullet. We purchased a black Ford F150. She's a beaut...when she's clean ;) Needless to say, Jamie is in love and I am thrilled for him.

Yesterday was the first day of summer vacation and we woke up to rain. Ugh! But we happily lounged in mommy and daddy's bed watching cartoons until we couldn't hold off the hunger any longer. I love the lazy days of summer.

5 comments:

Shannon b said...

cute list of *tids*. :)
I'm sending you positive vibes and well-wishes on the shared room situation. I would be very reluctant too. Hope things continue smoothly.
And I hear you on the ironing pile. I think I've got about 20 items in it right now. And the sad thing is, I've seen much, much worse!

Michelle said...

OK, so I'm totally laughing about Ben's teeth. That is just too funny! And if you find a good laundry room attendant, can I borrow her? I'm seriously in need of help!

Rochelle said...

First I must address the Laundry issue, ironing is laundry, it's that chore that never ends, that I loathe. So my pitty for you starts there.

Good luck on the room!

I love summer cause all of my kids will sleep until nine. It's nice to have that peace in the morning! It's funny how Ben will hop out of bed now!

Tiffiny said...

Such fun you are having! Way to go on getting the girls into the same room. I love that Jamie had to do it, its tough on us moms to give up our babies.

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember well having to get past letting my babies sleep in their own room ... so hard!
And Ben's lost tooth adventures always make me laugh ... I too am wondering what the next lost tooth's story will be :)
Also, those pics of Ellie are so great, such a beautiful baby girl you have there ... these are the moments I "almost" wish I hadn't thrown in the towell on my photography business and sold my camera, because she would be a lot of fun to take pics of right now!