Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inspiring...

Jesus smiled when He saw me.

I brought Him the waterskin. He took it and then held it out for me to drink first.

It was a kindness He often showed.

From my bag, I also offered Him the juicy red seeds of a pomegranate that one of the disciples had brought as an offering.

Jesus ate and seemed to savor the sweetness of each seed. That was His way; every detail of every day belonged to Him. While I gulped the water, He felt it wet His tongue and drain down His parched throat. While I chewed the pomegranate seeds and swallowed, barely tasting them, He let each seed feed Him.

Jesus lived fully and I learned from His example. I wanted to be more, to know more, to do more, to give more.

Master by Toni Sorenson.


2 comments:

Aundrea said...

After hearing you talk about that book the other day, I want to borrow it from you when you're finished!~ it sounds so good!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That book sounds wonderful! I feel like this summer I have been gulping it down and I am ready to slow down and savor a little more.