Since the first day of school when Ben whipped out his Scooby Doo lunchbox, Megan has been in love with the idea of having one of her very own. My response was that she could have one when she started 1st grade. So, when our friends Lauren and Megan decided to drop by with a gift...my Megan was thrilled! A small Elmo lunchbox!! She immediately filled it with snacks (a raisin pack and fruit snacks), then opened up the fridge, and placed her lunchbox right beside her big brother's lunchbox. Then she periodically pulled it out throughout the day and snacked. Now when we make a run to the store, take Ben to school, or go just about anywhere...the lunchbox is in tow.
Our little Elle. She is now 8 months old. Sitting up. Eating all kinds of solid foods. Squirming all over the floor in a sort of army crawl. She recently stopped nursing. Just stopped. She gave me no signs or signals that she was ready to wean so one day she was nursing and the next day she refused. I nursed my first two because I knew it was the best thing for them but I never really loved or cherished the experience. It just wasn't my thing. However, with Ellie it was somehow different. It has been nice to find a quiet spot in the house and have some one on one time holding her. I will miss it and I am feeling a tad bit nostalgic knowing that the last time I nursed her...I didn't realize it would be the last time. Sad.
5 comments:
how sweet that Meg wanted her own lunch box just like big-brother ... we go through a lot of that around here, too :)
My Ivy did the same kind of thing when Eli went to school. This year she gets to go to preschool and everyday she totes her lunch box with her. And she never lets me forget her special water bottle either. Cute little girls!
Man your kids are getting so big and adorable! Time sure goes by fast.
I love that picture of Eli sitting up! What fun the pumpkin patch is, I love the fall!
That is the cutest little Elmo lunchbox and I bet she just loves it:). They really do grow up fast. Remember when we were sitting in the back of 5th Ward Relief Society-me with a growing a belly and you with your adorable 8 month old Ben? I remember thinking, "I hope I get one that cute and easy..."
Post a Comment