After dropping 2 of our kids off at my Mom and Dad's we headed to their local airport to catch our flight. Can you tell how excited I am from this picture? I could hardly contain myself. Seriously! This years meeting was a little different in the fact that we got to take along little Ellie. Usually it is a get away for just Jamie and me but since Elise is still nursing she got to go along for the ride. I was excited to bring her but nervous about being in the air with a baby. There is just no way to escape if you have a fussy baby midair. It ended up being just fine. I think she slept most of the way there and back. She is such a happy baby and it was fun to have people 'ooooo' and 'ahhhhh' over her.
We were total tourists and hit most of the local sights. Here we are on one of the famous cable cars. I tried to convince Jamie and some stranger sitting next to us that we should sing the 'Rice-A-Roni' song while we went down the big hill towards the bay but they just weren't havin' it. Boo! Instead I sang it in my head.
We hit perfect weather...beautiful blue skies and a slight breeze. I was told it would be cold and it did get pretty chilly once the sun went down but the days were just perfect.
The bay is just magnificent. We spent two days down at Fisherman's Warf just wandering leisurely enjoying the sights, sounds and smells.
Isn't this picture cute? Jamie drew alot of attention carrying little Ellie in the front pack! Having a baby in tow is a wonderful way to meet total strangers. We talked to people from New Zealand, Japan, London, South America and various locations across our country.
We had an opportunity to see an Oakland A's game while in San Francisco. We aren't huge Oakland fans but we both LOVE baseball and will take any chance we can get to see a game. In the beginning we had great seats but Ellie started to fuss and we didn't want to disturb the rest of the crowd so we made our way to the top of the stadium and watched the rest of the game from there. It wasn't so bad and Ellie was finally able to fall asleep.

6 comments:
what a great getaway! Your excitement, songs & jigs are too cute! :)
I don't think I've been to S.F. since our honeymoon, but it is definitely a fun city with LOTS to see.
What a fun trip. I'm glad you were able to do so many fun things while you were there.
I too love San Fran!! I'm glad you had such a great time.
How fun! Glad you guys were able to have a little getaway.
Get a ways are the best! Time to recharge. We all need some of that:) I've never been to San Fransisco. It looks like a really fun place to visit. I'll put it on my list of places to visit before I keel over.
How fun! We also loved our trip there - I see some familiar pictures!
Post a Comment