I want to remember...the beautiful view from our Maui Condo. As soon as we stepped foot into our room we would throw the doors open and hear the roll of the ocean, see the beautiful blue sky and watch the swaying palm trees.
I want to remember...our mornings in our room spent eating Hawaiin pineapple and Costco muffins as we talked about what we were going to do that day.
I want to remember...the perma-grin that accompanied my face the entire time we were in Maui. I was in Heaven!
I want to remember...the day we drove to Hana. How much we loved the top down on the mustang, the sun beating down and the wind whipping through our hair (um...I guess that was just my hair :) The twisting road, the green foliage, the waterfalls, the black sand beach, the blowhole, the many, many stops to hike and look and swim. The seven sacred pools was my favorite stop. Jumping in to that water was refreshing.
I want to remember...the ride back from Hana. We decided to go on the road less traveled as we made a full circle of the island. This stretch of the island is beautiful, sometimes a bit bumpy and barren but we enjoyed seeing the less populated side of Maui.
I want to remember...the night we went to the Luau. I'm not crazy about authentic luau food...but that's not the reason you go. It's to watch the amazing performers dance, sing and chant. I loved learning that Hawaii means:
HA-breath of life
Wa-water of life
II-from above
I want to remember...our nightly drives into Lahaina for dinner and a stroll through town. We ate a delicious meal at Kimo's accompanied by a virgin pina coloda (actually, I had two!) I love me a tropical drink :) But the food is really only half of the experience. The joy is in watching the waves roll up just feet from your table, lit up by tiki torches and the night moon. Listening to the local musician strumming his guitar and spitting out a tune from Jimmy Buffet.
I want to remember...our spot on the beach at the end of the boardwalk where we spent many hours relaxing in the sand, soaking up the sun and swimming in the beautiful blue sea. I want to remember walking down the boardwalk to Black Sand Beach, watching the locals jump off the cliff, snorkeling with colorful fish and giant sea turtles.
I want to remember...laying by the pool. Reading, relaxing...sometimes snoozing. I want to remember the time we went to the desk to ask for a wristband to go down the slide. The attendant asked if we needed one for our kids. We laughed. Nope. No kids. Just us!
I want to remember...the time spent with just Jamie laughing, talking and reflecting on the many blessings we have in our life.
I want to remember...how my lower lip swelled up from too much sun. It looked like a collagen job gone bad but it made for a great pouty look on the day we left. I was sad to say goodbye. Maui, I will miss you!
6 comments:
I love all of your pictures! It looks like so much fun! I want to go!
Ahhhhhh, what wonderful memories! You've taken me right back there. :) The road to Hana is on my someday to-do list.
When did you go? Your memories list is just perfect. I'm glad you had such an amazing time.
I want to go...Lucky!!!
Treasured moments I am sure you will never forget. :0)
The road to Hana sounds divine!!
Did you add more pictures? It looks like Kelly was there! HEHE!
Post a Comment