Monday, March 26, 2012

Around here...

Aound here...it's Spring Break and the sun has made an appearance!

Around here...all three kids woke up with a runny nose, cough and droopy eyelids so the sun that was shinning outside got viewed from the window.

Around here...Megan declared that the girls needed a makeover and scurried around the house setting up 'stations'. One station for lipstick, one for nails, another for hair and last but definitely not least...a station to apply sparkly gel blush for our cheeks. We then proceeded to have a little self-portrait photoshoot...


Around here...we missed the weekly movie "TinTin" because the kids weren't feeling well so I popped some popcorn over the stove (our microwave broke and we have yet to replace it. I'm going on about 3 weeks without one and honestly I don't miss it much except to make some microwave popcorn) and I layed out a little candy on the counter to create a little mini store. Each kiddo paid me with marbles for a bowl of popcorn and some candy before we made our way to the back bedroom to watch TinTin on our PayPerView. Not exactly the same as hitting our local theater but fun none the less.

Around here...Ben was not too happy after Jamie repeated a story about him to some friends of ours. And to give Jamie some credit, it was an innocent story that we were surprised Ben was so upset about but alas, our sweet, sensitive boy was in tears over it. Today he asked me, "Mom, when I get older and start to like girls, do you think it's a good idea to ask Dad to go on vacation before I bring a girl home?" My answer after I wiped the tears and regained my composure, "Well, Ben...that is not a bad idea!" Dang...all of us had a good laugh over that one :)

3 comments:

Paige said...

Such pretty girls. :) And poor Ben. Tell Jamie it's the age. The hormones start kicking in and suddenly your children turn into Cracker Jack prizes - you never know what you're going to get. Or what is going to freak them out, or embarrass them, or, or, or. :)

Kirsten & Midge said...

Great pictures. We love hearing about your family.

Tiffiny said...

Sounds like a fun spring break, minus the puffy eyes and poor Ben's embarrassment. And I agree with him, send dad on a vacation!