Monday, April 16, 2012

Tonight...

  • Tonight we ate off of paper napkins (a mother's delight)...tuna fish sandwhiches, pretzels and carrots. Everyone was happy...especially me!
  • Tonight we had a Family Home Evening lesson on "Gardens". We are looking forward to putting in some raised beds this year and expanding our green thumb from 'urban pot' gardening to the traditional style. The kids love to be outside and as much as I wish we had acres and acres of land for these kiddos to roam around on...we don't...so, we need to make the best out of what we have. Even with a small garden we can get out there and dig in the dirt, plant seeds, labor and harvest. I'm looking forward to giving the kids some ownership in our Family Garden...I plan to put them to work and teach them the valuable lesson of You Reap What You Sow.
  • When asked what the kids would like to plant in the garden, Ellie responded..."COOKIES"! Thank goodness there is no such thing as cookie seeds or I would be in trouble.
  • Tonight our family played the game...Green Ghost. We hid, we seeked, we screamed, we ran and we laughed our tushies off. What a fun game!


What a fun night!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

What a CUTE family!