Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The last day of school has arrived and I tell ya, we were ALL ready for it! Sleeping in, relaxed routine (for the most part) and endless days of sunshine (fingers and toes are crossed for this one!) In fact, the kids were so excited that they danced a little jig as we were getting into the car this morning and I caught it all on camera!
 
 
I also took a picture of them on the last day just like I did on the first day of school. They are standing in the same spot and in similar clothes and I am shocked by how much different they look in just 9 months. How in the world does this happen and how can I make it stop?!!
 
First day of school / Last day of school
 
Each of them had an end of the school year party which I was able to attend (have I mentioned lately how much I love being a stay-at-home mom?!).  Ben's party included root beer floats...YUM! Megan's class had such a big event the night before with kinder graduation that I think her teacher was pooped...her party consisted of going out on the grass and listening to a story. Better than working in the classroom, I suppose.
 
 
The kids arrived home to a HELLO SUMMER banner hanging on the front porch and a very cute little sister who was extremely excited to have her big brother and sister home with her all day for a few months (or at least until she had to fight with one of them for iPad time...then the excitement wanes very quickly).
 
 
Megan and Ben weren't excited or anything! Pretty ho/hum as you can see in the pictures below...
 

And then they got a running start and broke through the banner marking the official beginning of SUMMER VACATION...woot woot!! 

 
Now...let the summer fun festivities begin!!
 

No comments: