Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Girl in a Whirl...

I am a huge Dr. Suess fan! My Mom sent this to me on a day I felt especially overwhelmed. It made me laugh!

The Girl in a Whirl by 'Dr. Sue'

Look at me, look at me, look at me now!
You could do what I do if you only knew how.
I study the scriptures one hour each day;
I bake, I upholster, I scrub, and I pray.
I always keep all the commandments completely;
I speak to my little ones gently and sweetly.
I help in their classrooms! I sew all they wear!
I drive them to practice! I cut all their hair!
I memorize names of the General Authorities;
I focus on things to be done by priorities.
I play the piano! I bless with my talents!
My toilets all sparkle! My checkbooks all balance!
Each week every child gets a one-on-one date;
I attend all my meetings (on time! never late!)
I'm taking a class on the teachings of Paul,
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all.
I track my bad habits 'til each is abolished;
Our t-shirts are ironed! My toenails are polished!
Our family home evenings are always delightful;
The lessons I give are both fun and insightful.
I do genealogy faithfully, too.
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
I rise each day early, refreshed and awake;
I know all the names of each youth in my stake!
I read to my children! I help all my neighbors!
I bless the community, too, with my labors.
I exercise and I cook menus gourmet;
My visiting teaching is done the first day!
(I also go do it for someone who missed hers.
It's the least I can do for my cherished ward sisters.)
I chart resolutions and check off each goal;
I seek each "lost lamb" on my Primary roll.
I can home-grown produce each summer and fall.
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all,
I write in my journal! I sing in the choir!
Each day, I write "thank you's" to those I admire.
My sons were all Eagles when they were fourteen!
My kids get straight A's! And their bedrooms are clean!
I have a home business to help make some money;
I always look beautifully groomed for my honey.
I go to the temple at least once a week;
I change the car's tires! I fix the sink's leak!
I grind my own wheat and I bake all our bread;
I have all our meals planned out six months ahead.
I make sure I rotate our two-years' supply;
My shopping for Christmas is done by July!
These things are not hard; 'tis good if you do them;
You can if you try! Just set goals and pursue them!
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
If you plan and work smart, you can do them all, too!

It's easy!" she said and then she dropped dead.

9 comments:

Merilee said...

I wanted to see a harsher punishment at the end. She deserves way worse than just dropping dead.

Merilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aundrea said...

No wonder I haven't seen you in awhile! You've been busy...I'm glad you're back:)

Bonnie said...

So funny. I wish I were that way sometimes, but then I know I would miss out on life.

Paige said...

You do all those things, too? ;)Sleep is for the weak. We can sleep when we're dead. See you there!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That is a daunting list!!! Thank you for making me smile. I think I might go clean a toilet or something for good measure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, somehow it felt good to think of her dying at the end! If there were ever as perfect a being alive I might just hate her :)

And I'm with Jenn, I kinda feel like cleaning something now. Or reading to my children. Anything but staying on the computer. But being that I'm a loyal friend I have more blogs to read :)

Kelly said...

I think I know that girl. She's in my ward and I hate her. ;) That absolutely cracked me up!!! I love it!

Nicole said...

Sounds like too much work, I'm out!