Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mother of the Year...

I am working on a new project and decided to dig through a bunch of old photos yesterday. When Ben was a newborn we didn't have a digital camera so I was flipping through picture after picture and
I realized that I have a TON of photos of him.
To prove my point...
If you look closely you can see a Cheerio stuck halfway up his nose!He used to crawl from his bedroom into the kitchen and peeeeeeek his little head around the corner at me. I love this shot! I will always remember anticipating his little face around the corner. After a bath.
My sister and Ben. At Elk Camp. Jamie's side of the family was especially excited that we had a boy because Ben would be carrying on the family name AND elk hunting traditions.Mommy and Ben at the park. (Is that really my natural color?!)

You get the picture...and there are a thousand more where these came from. A little panic and guilt shot through me as I realized I do not have NEARLY as many of Megan. Why is this? Am I really just so much busier this second time around? Or is it because the pictures I am taking of Megan are digital and I am looking at them on a computer screen instead of in my hand...maybe it just seems like there are less of them?
I seriously wanted to cry...still do.

So, in my crazy mom guilt I have been running around the house snapping pictures like a mad woman of my little girl. I am hoping that if I can continue at this rate I will have thousands and thousands
of pictures of her by the time she is two.
Then maybe, just maybe, she will forgive me...or at the very least,
she will only have slight psychological damage.
I do love you, little Meg!!!

14 comments:

Aundrea said...

What a cutie Ben was as a baby (still is as a big boy!) He had a mop of hair too! And those eyes...beautiful! Meg will just have to buck-up and realize what comes with being the second child:) My sister just younger than me still whines about how her baby book only has one picture in it...and it's of her empty crib! Poor kid:) I've seen LOTS of cute pictures of Meg, so I think it does have something to do with the digital camera! Don't beat yourself up. You are an awesome mom!

Toshia said...

Don't worry, she won't be too scarred. My older sister has almost 2 albums of her baby pics, I got almost 1 of me and then Chels got like maybe 4 pages? jk, but seriously there will be less for each additional one because there are more of everyone together. Besides, you can always use my mom's excuse "we were to poor, we didn't have a camera when you were a baby" or something like that!

Michelle said...

I know just how you feel! I didn't really know how bad I had been with Rowan until we moved here and started hanging pictures of the kids on the walls. We have tons of Fuller, a few less of Grayson, and very few of Rowan. I guess I was tired of dragging kids to Picture People by then! I'm sure they'll forgive us someday.

Shannon b said...

Yep . . . that happens. At this point I figure that the kids will just have to be happy with what they get.
And can I say that it is so funny to see baby pics of Ben -- he looks exactly the same then & now! Handsome boy at any age.

Anonymous said...

I'm the third child and don't even havea baby book, so we grow up and get over it. I can't believe how dark your natural hair color is! That blew me away. Your sister is a blond version of you! I always saw a lot of Ben in Meg, but now I think that Ben looks like Jamie and Meg looks like you!
Have a great day!

Nicole said...

Your kids look so much alike and you can't tell so much until you see photos of Ben as a baby. They are such beautiful kids!

Rochelle said...

I totally thought that picture of your sister was you. WOW what a resemblance.
I think it's safe to say that the more children you have the fewer pictures you take. It's not just you, if that makes you feel any better!
BTW Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

It does seem that the second child doesn't get as many individual shots, but I really do think it is the digital age, too. I bet you have more than you think if you acutally went and got them all developed. Don't worry, you're not at all alone on this one!!! And I do agree that Ben was a darling little baby just like Meg, you two just make super cute little ones :)

Darilyn said...

I love that picture of Ben and Meg. What cuties!

Kelli said...

Wow, what blue eyes!! Both of your kids are adorable.

Tiffini said...

Now, I was the fourth child and was the only one of the five kids without more than a handful(I mean literally less than ten)of pictures and therefore no baby book. And somehow, my brothers and sisters claim I am the favorite!

Tiffini said...

oh and btw, Meg looks so grown up with that smile full of teeth!!! CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I think I have the cutest/best looking niece and nephew around! They sure look like their mom and dad. Lucky kids!
Love ya,
Nikki :)

Lorna said...

If our psychological stability was based on the number of pictures our parents took of us when we were a baby (as a sign of their love for us, of course), then I think our generation would be screwed - I think I have two baby pictures of myself. Well, maybe that's part of the problem these days...not enough baby pictures?