Here' a glance at the gym before the madness...I mean...ward members arrived
The night began with a visit from the North Pole. Ben was practically giddy with anticipation of sitting on Santa's lap and talking to him. During the day, he decided to write him a letter (and by letter I mean...draw a picture of the digital camera he wants and write his name somewhere on the page). He put it in an envelope and decorated it with stickers.

The night began with a visit from the North Pole. Ben was practically giddy with anticipation of sitting on Santa's lap and talking to him. During the day, he decided to write him a letter (and by letter I mean...draw a picture of the digital camera he wants and write his name somewhere on the page). He put it in an envelope and decorated it with stickers.Here he is opening up the envelope...
"So what do you think, Santa? Can the big guy deliver this year...or what?"
I think Megan took a real liking to Santa.
We served ham, funeral potatoes, salad and rolls for dinner.Here's my handsome wife...I mean...husband cutting up the hams in my apron!
The Primary kiddos entertained us with 3 Christmas songs.
Ben was pretty stinkin' excited about getting up on the stage to perform. It was fun watching him...he had his hands shaped like binoculars and was searching the audience most of the performance. The only time he departed from this is when he spotted Jamie and me. At that point he started a full arm wave with a holler..."HI DAD!!! HI MOM!!!".
The Primary kiddos entertained us with 3 Christmas songs.
Ben was pretty stinkin' excited about getting up on the stage to perform. It was fun watching him...he had his hands shaped like binoculars and was searching the audience most of the performance. The only time he departed from this is when he spotted Jamie and me. At that point he started a full arm wave with a holler..."HI DAD!!! HI MOM!!!". Can you see him in the bottem right hand corner? This is the 'binocular look' in all it's glory!
We had a wonderful slide show that Shannon put together. She worked for months gathering photos from all the ward members and she put this presentation together with music. It was very touching. It led right into a beautiful musical number by Paige singing 'Oh Holy Night' with a spot light on Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus (Spencer, Nicole and baby Andrew).
We had a great turnout and it looked like everyone had a fun night. As for me, I am glad it's over."Aaaaawwwww...the look of sweet relief!"

8 comments:
It really was a great party. You guys did a great job. And the food was yum-o!! Ben wants a digital camera, huh? Boy, he goes for the pricey gifts. Joelle just wanted a pony...
It was a great night! I enjoyed the church dress, my family loved the food, and Santa and everything.
About Santa -- Conner is now convinced that he is getting a puppy for Christmas because he asked Santa for one. We're working on lowering his expectations.
Enjoy your freedom for the next few months!
Oh, the sighs of relief! I loved locking the doors after one of those shin-digs:) It was a great party though! It was decorated lovely, and the food and program were great! Boy, that Paige can sing! And I loved watching Ben sing the songs, especially "Silent Night", I didn't know that song came with actions, but it does now:) Thanks for all your hard work!! Now you can start enjoying the season, instead of stressing over it.
You throw an awesome party! All looked beautiful! Thanks to you and all your help!
You are amazing. I wish I could have been there to enjoy it!
Glad I could come help for a minute, sorry we couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a great success - and I sure identify with that look of relief when it's over!
What a lot of work Jodi. And it looked like such a success. You have been one busy girl.
What an awesome party! That looks like it was a ton of work. I was activities committee person and just about lost my mind. That is one tough calling this time of year!
Post a Comment