Monday, December 10, 2007

First Hair Cut...

Yes...the time has come. Megan will be 1 tomorrow and she has been in dire need of a hair cut for months. She has so much hair. She was born with loads of it but I kept expecting some of it to fall out and then grow back in. It never did. Instead it just kept growing and growing. I have contemplated cutting her bangs many times...because when she doesn't have them pulled back with a barrette or a rubber band she looks like a sheep dog. Really. She does. So, today I took her to my hairstylist to get her hair cut.

Here is Meg before the cut...
Megan didn't exactly like getting her haircut. In fact, I had to physically hold her in a headlock while Dana snipped and snapped her scissors. I seriously have no idea how she got it to even look remotely even...Megan was all over the place and wailing like nothing I've ever seen. This may have caused my girl even more psychological damage. Don't be surprised if she turns out to be one of those women who grows their hair out past their bums. Lovely.

Here she is during the cut...
And here is the final result...

Isn't she cute?! It's cut right about chin length and yes...we decided to cut the bangs. I was wavering back and forth about this because I DON'T CUT HAIR. Not even bangs, people. I had a really bad experience in high school where I tried cutting my own bangs. It was not pretty. So...I will be taking Megan somewhere EVERY TIME we cut her bangs which will be often! This seems like an awful lot of upkeep to me but we shall see.

I am still trying to get used to her new do. To be honest...every time I look at her I am in shock. She looks like a totally different girl to me. Soooo big. I guess the haircut beat me to the reality that my baby is turning 1 tomorrow. She is growing up WAY too fast.

13 comments:

Rochelle said...

Isn't it crazy how a hair cut makes them look so much older? Where is your baby? She is so cute I love her hair!

Paige said...

Oh, she is SO cute. And she does look older. *sniff* Hopefully all the trips to the stylist will help her get used to them. Headlocking a three year old for a bang trim will get really old! ;)

Nicole said...

Oh my she's gorgeous!!!

Marie said...

She is sooo adorable - what a difference. She looks more like a toddler. Happy Birthday, Meg!

Candy said...

I know what you mean Autumns hair never fell out but I just couldn't cut it. I had so many other girls that I had done cute styles and stuff to that I just had let hers keep growing and growing. Meg look adorable! Happy Birthday!

Tiffini said...

what a doll!!! I can't wait until Mallory has hair. That probably won't be for a year or more though!!

Aundrea said...

She looks so cute!! I love it! Happy birthday Meg!

Merilee said...

She is the cutest little thing on the planet! I love the haircut!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, she is even cuter now! I can't get over what a doll she is. Happy 1st Birthday sweet baby girl :)

Toshia said...

Happy birthday Meg! I too had a scary experience with the bangs in highschool, wasn't half as bad as the results of what I like to call the "boredome eyebrow plucking disaster" That was not pretty... ;)

Michelle said...

I love her new do! So cute!

Shannon b said...

yes, she does look very different. But I think the haircut is so so so precious! I LOVE it.

Kelly said...

That is the cutest!!! She is so stinkin adorable I just want to smooch her cheeks!