Tuesday, December 11, 2007

When did I Blink...Part 2

I can't believe it. Megan is already 1. year. old. I know I was just at the hospital giving birth to her, holding her tiny little body in my arms. Yesterday. Then a whole year flashed by and she is already 1. I'm a little sad. It really seemed to go by WAY TOO FAST and I feel like some of it was a blur. Here's a little look back...

Just a few hours old.

Our little princess today...1 year later.

She has been such a delight. I remember in the hospital repeating to Jamie over and over again, "I just can't believe we have a baby GIRL". It still brings me a lot of joy thinking about it. As I look back and remember Megan at 1 years old, here are a few things I don't want to forget...

  • She loves to watch her brother and will crank her neck over and around my shoulder, when I am carrying her, just to catch a glimpse of what her brother is up to.
  • When she smiles her eyes twinkle and her nose wrinkles up.
  • She likes to be where the action is. She is the most content in the stroller on the go. She is already a great shopping buddy!
  • She also has a full body smile that she will use when she is feeling a little bit shy. When I am holding her and someone says Hi, she smiles and then folds her body at the waist and buries her head into my shoulder. It is really darling.
  • She loves to take a bath. Her bedroom is across the hallway from the bathroom. Whenever we open that door she makes a beeline to the bathroom and throws her arms over the edge of the tub, stands on her tiptoes, stretching up as far as her little feet will take her and tries to launch one of her legs over the top to crawl in. This makes me giggle every time.
  • She is all girl. When she finds a brush on the floor she puts it up to her head and tries to brush her hair.
  • We will have to watch her when she gets to teenage...she already holds the phone up to her ear.
  • We call her Megan, Meg, Meggie, Meggie Moo, Miss Megan and Pretty Angel.
  • I have been attempting to teach her how to say Ma Ma...so I prompt her constantly.

Me, "Megan, say Ma Ma"

Megan, "Da Da"

Me, "No...say Ma Ma (a little slower this time just in case she misunderstood).

Megan, "Da Da"

Me, "MMMaaaaa MMMMaaaaa (even slower and pronunciating like crazy)

Megan, "Da Da"

This makes Ben roll with laughter. Me...not so much!

To celebrate the big day, we met up with our family for a party. I dressed her in a pink frilly party dress and even put a crown on her head...she looked like a princess!

Happy Birthday, Megan! You light up our world!

11 comments:

Aundrea said...

She is sooo cute! I can't believe she is one either! I love all the pictures, especially the one that looks like she is reading her card with Jaime:) Happy birthday, Meg!

Merilee said...

What a beautiful little girl you have. She is so darling!

Michelle said...

What a lovely little princess! Lovin' the tiara and bunny cake!

Tiffini said...

Happy Birthday Meg! That first year goes by so fast. She looks darling in her princess crown.

Rochelle said...

I love the one of her and Jamie reading the card! Dhe looked so dang cute all dressed up and her little tiny bracelet on. It's amazing how much joy a child brings to our lives.
Happy Birthday Megan!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Aren't little girls WONDERFUL! She is so adorable. I agree it does go by way too fast!

Paige said...

She IS a little princess. So very cute. She is a doll and that cake you made was darling!

Darilyn said...

Happy Birthday Meg! I'm a little late but happy birthday anyway. She is adorable.

Kelly said...

I know exactly how you feel. Corgan is going to be THREE in a little over a week. He's still my baby, though.

Nicole said...

Ohhh..she looks adorable! The cake turned out great Jodi. How much fun.

Kelli said...

What a sweet little girl! Happy Birthday Meg!