Let me explain...When Ben was really little he had a stuffed animal, a black puppy dog, that he just adored. He took that thing with him everywhere...including Target during our holiday shopping. She ended up getting left in the children's clothing department and when we went back for her, she was gone. We checked lost and found and I even called a few days later to see if she had shown up...no luck. Ben was devestated and this made all of our lives miserable for a few days. Jumpy came to live with us a few weeks later and he has taken a similar liking to her. In order to avoid droves of tears if we ever lost Jumpy, I got smart and bought a back up! We put the 'back up' in a shoe box in our closet and whenever Jumpy is missing I pull it out. She has been out of the box a few times and our little secret has worked like a charm...until today!You see, Jumpy got a spattering of vomit when Ben had his unfortunate midnight accident a few days ago. She desperately needed a bath. Seriously. She was stinkin' up the place. So, while she was in the washing machine, I pulled out the 'back up'. Everything was fine until I threw out the laundry this morning. There, in between a towel and a white sheet, was Jumpy's little face peeking up at us. The only problem was that Ben had the 'back up' Jumpy in his hands.
Ben spotted her immediately and couldn't believe his eyes. He kept repeating, "How can there be two Jumpys?" I was thinkin'...Yeah, mom...how can there be two Jumpys? I was speechless for a few minutes. I didn't quite know what to say. My gig was up and it was confession time.
Or...I could make up a cute little story about how Jumpy's sister was missing her and wanted to come for a short visit. Yeah...sister...visit...yeah...that sounds about right.
14 comments:
How sweet. I am glad he has found his sister, but where are his mom and dad? JK!
This is so funny. I would have loved to have been there to see the look on Ben's face when he saw Jumpy's twin. I desperately wish i could find a twin blanket for heidi.
You are such a smart mom! My poor kids have always just had to miss their stuffed friends like crazy when they get lost.
Hmmm, so are you going to tell him that babies come from the dryer?? Hee hee.
Too funny! I could seriously picture Ben's face:) And I have a strong testimony of making up stories to get out of answering tough questions!
How cute! I am still trying to figure out how my mom has managed over the years with stuff like this. I know for Paige we had backups of crazy things...bathing suits, chapstick, just ask my mom it was odd!
I love it!! Zach has a snowman that was falling apart at the seams last year. I got a new one on Ebay and when Zach went in for his surgery, so did "snowboy". I haven't been able to let go of the old one...so if Zach ever found it....
What a clever mom you are! Ben and Meg are lucky kids.
That is just adorable! I wish I had a second bear for Cameron, but we couldn't find one :(
Hey Sis,
That is toooo cute! I can just picture Ben's face when he saw the twin sister. How cute! You are a smart mom. :) Someday he will love hearing that story.
Hope you are doing well.
Miss you-
Love ya,
Nik :)
That is such a great story. That'll be a story that you all can share for years to come. How fun!
As a mom you always have to be on your toes and thinking ahead. You win the most creative story award:)
I could just picture Ben's face. I have to giggle because I have come up with some real whoppers with my kids.
I LOVE IT! What a quick thinker you are!--- Sheila
Very quick thinking!!! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment