We arrived to find a very festive atmosphere. Nana and Papa had strung twinkle lights and wrapped presents with pristine care and hung them from the ceiling of "Burt's Bar" (a place to dry off and warm up by the fire).
Each gift had a number attached to it. This was a little unusual for our celebration and all the adults and grand kids were abuzz over the situation. It was difficult to pull the kids away from the snow but the smell was pulling us inside the cabin for a full fledged Christmas dinner...turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, yams, sweet potatoes, rolls and salads. YUM-O! It was delicious. We then headed back to the bar to hang our homemade bulbs...one at a time.
When it was time to open presents...Nana handed everyone a folded piece of paper with a number on it. Papa then cut down one present from the ceiling at a time and read the number that was on the package. If your number matched the number Papa called...then you opened your piece of paper up and read the name of the person the present belonged to. (I'm not sure that makes any sense but it was fun and kept everyone involved and interested as the whole gang opened gifts).
The rest of the weekend was spent playing in the snow and A WHOLE LOT OF SNOW...I might add. The kids made snow forts, sledded and tubed down the snow hill and threw snowballs until their fingers were purple and their bums were numb.
The rest of the weekend was spent playing in the snow and A WHOLE LOT OF SNOW...I might add. The kids made snow forts, sledded and tubed down the snow hill and threw snowballs until their fingers were purple and their bums were numb.
A fun time was had by all (despite the lack of sleep)!
Here are a few more pics from the weekend... 

14 comments:
When I first saw that picture (before I read the blog) I thought, "Silly Jodi, she put the picture on there upsidedown!! LOL." Looks like a great time. What a neat tradition.
That looks like so much fun! I am so jealous. I thought the picture was upside down too :)
That sounds like so much fun! So your holiday season is finally over huh? I loved seeing all the pictures, especially the one of you and your kids...very cute!
sounds like a blast. What a fun family!
What a fun time.
Such fun! I'm just loving Ben's rosy little cheeks!
How flippin cool! What a great idea! I want to know how the tied them from the ceiling? What were they hooked to? That is just cool! And what a great picture of the ornaments on lights strung with care!
And last I am green with envy about playing in all of that snow!
how fun! I love the presents hanging from the ceiling!
What a good idea - I'll have to file that away for future use at a Weitzel celebration. I love it! It is so fun to play in the snow and it looks like you all had fun - I'm glad you're back.
What a blast, can I be adopted into yoour family?? Seriously!?
I've been meaning to tell you how pretty you look in the pictures with your kids!!! You took some great pictures on that trip. And the hanging presents idea is just so cool!
OK I feel like I am copying everyone but my first thought truly was "That sounds like so much fun!". I love family parties!
Presents hung from the ceiling...now that is FUN! Looks like a fabulous way to wrap up Christmas.
Looks like you all had a great time! What a fun trip! I loved the presents. What a great idea. :)
Post a Comment