Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentine's Day Update...

Yes, we were sick over the 'Day of Love' but we still managed to slide in a few festive traditions...

Heart Attacks! Ben knows this is coming and looks forward to the hearts plastered all over his door in the morning.

There were a trail of these little hearts around the house that led Ben to a few Valentine treats.


My attempt at heart shaped pancakes. Pathetic, I know...but they tasted good!

When Jamie got home we did a heart hunt. This is a family tradition that Ben loves. We each get a turn hiding and finding. Ben is gathering them up in this picture...


...but he had a hard time finding the one Jamie put on my head!

And although our day was less than romantic due to the sickness that infested our house, the love is still alive...especially after the numerous times my husband got up with sick kids over the last week and a half. There's nothing that says I love you more than those little moments. So, to my love...

"I love thee, I love but thee; with a love that shall not die; till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old." ...Shakespeare

Happy Valentine's Day.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

You have the best traditions for holidays! I might have to steal a few! I hope you are feeling better. I miss your pretty face!

Aundrea said...

Whoa! I didn't see you waxing Shakespeare on us:) You really do have some fun traditions for everything! I'm glad you are all feeling better.

Heather said...

Thanks! Okay, that has to be how I recognize you! I worked front desk at the W11th club before/during the opening of the Springfield location. I worked with Craig, Sandra, and you probably know my old roommate, Melissa? She also sold memberships there. Now I can stop racking my brains! Were you there during the whole Chris Rose scandal?

Darilyn said...

You do have the best traditions. I love this one.

Merilee said...

You definitely earn your badge! You are a total cutie!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.