Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Will work for pants...

There is a rampant problem occurring at my house on a very regular basis. HOLES...HOLES....HOLES are popping up all over. Not in the usual places you would expect to find holes....but in pants. Left knee mainly but the right knee is not immune. A certain 4 year-old loves to run, jump and then dive onto his knees. He has also taken a liking to sliding across the family room's wooden floors. Yep. You guessed it. On his knees.
When we started out this school year, I bought him about 4 new pairs of pants and a couple of new pairs of jammies. I thought this would last him quite awhile, at least until Christmas. Oh, how terribly wrong I was. By mid October EVERYTHING had holes and we have been fighting the battle ever since.


This is just a small sampling of Ben's jeans, sweat pants and pajama bottoms that are now ragged and thread barren.


Part of me thinks it is fashionable and who cares if he has holes in his pants but the other part of me wants to scream because it drives me CRAZY!

I am considering planting this cutie on a street corner somewhere with a sign that reads, "Will work for pants."

17 comments:

Merilee said...

This will continue until he suddenly refuses to wear pants altogether!! Meaning... He will only wear shorts no matter what the weather! But hey, NO HOLES!

Paige said...

The way kids go through clothes it really is kind of a blessing that they grow so dang fast, isn't it! He still looks cute. Holes and all.

Rochelle said...

i have never been one of those parents that make their children change clothes after school, but this last week that is exactly what I have been doing.
We are having the same problem. I feelin' ya sista!

Aundrea said...

Too funny! We have that problem at our house too, but mainly with a 6 year old girl:)

Michelle said...

This very issue has been plaguing me for years! I'm just holding out for nicer weather so we can switch to shorts.

Anonymous said...

Huh, i've never had this problem before. It must be more of a boy thing.

Shannon b said...

We battle the same thing with Payton (Conner, not so much). I just went through his clothes to switch everything over to 5T and ALL his 4T pants have holes in the knees. Finding something decent to wear to school was becoming quite a challenge!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat. Bailey has been going through pants like crazy because he too always slides around on our floors!!! I think we have gone through 5, maybe 6 pairs of pants already this year. It's getting to be expensive to keep up with.

Julee and Matt said...

Funny...but then again not! I know that my newphew had this same problem and at Shopko they have a tough kid program...if you get a hole in them before you are have outgrown them, they give you a new pair free! They aren't the cutiest, but they make for great play pants ever!

Tiffini said...

Boys!! Ethan makes sure that the jeans have nice big grass stains on them first, then the holes come on. Zach and Wyatt don't wear them out like that...yet.

Marie said...

He is a cutie! When my boys were little Sears had a thing that if they wore holes in the knees before they outgrew them they were replaced N/C - I think the Canyon Creek brand??? Megan found a pair of jeans on clearance at AE the other day - her comment was, "I think they were so cheap because they don't have any holes in them." I had to laugh because the holes in the pants fad is one I don't quite get! (And your garage looks really really organized in the background of that picture with the ladder...want to come organize mine?)

Cavanaugh Family said...

I totally understand. LandsEnd makes double reinforced knees. Liam has yet to rip through a pair of these. The pants he has on this very minute have holes.

So Funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis! Ben sure looks like you in that picture! What a cutie!
Love ya!!

sheila said...

I think that Jenn is having the same problem at her house. Me, I think that that is the sweet spot to having girls...

Toshia said...

What a total flashback to the early 90's, except at that time we made holes in our knees on purpose. Or tried to get our mom to spend extra to buy them pre-torn ;)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

So it sounds to me like holes in the knees are the cool thing these days, everyone is wearing them. I hope that by the time by boys are ten or so they won't be as hard on their jeans. Cross my fingers.

Nicole said...

Ben needs to be introduced to Carharts if you don't want the holes anymore!