10 years ago -- I was back in school getting my teaching certificate at Northwest Christian College, working as a membership sales rep/aerobic instructor at a local gym and dating a guy that had just been baptized a member of the church. In fact, the moment he was lifted from the baptisimal font was the the moment I realized I had fallen for him. The date...Friday, February 13, 1998. I think it is cool that I know the EXACT moment I fell in love with my husband.
9 daily uses -- lotion (I have really dry hands), chapstick, computer, telephone, windex (weird, I know...but I have tile on my counter tops and they have to shine or I am not complete), baby wipes, pad of paper and pen (for my to-do list) and a good book.
8 things on my to do list -- make a song list for our upcoming ward lip synch party, clean the bathrooms, make cards for family who have been ill, laundry (ALWAYS on the list), attend T-Ball parent meeting, buy a birthday present for my Aunt, drop off nursing pads to Sheila and Live Fully!
7 places I have lived -- Pre-existence...my Mom's belly...Santa Cruz, California...Elmira, Or...Provo, Ut...Eugene, Or and where I live now (I know the first two are a little nuts...but that is the only way I could get 7, people!)
6 things I enjoy -- my family and good friends, quiet time with a book, Bunco, cool kitchen gadgets, sleeping in and a pair of comfortable shoes.
5 facts you don't know about me -- Although I have no desire to live in Florida, I entered the HGTV Dream House giveaway EVERY SINGLE DAY of the contest and I actually believe I am going to win ;) My sister and I used to love gymnastics and we would practice our balance beam moves on the 2X4 that seperated the grass from the flower beds while we dreamed of competing in the Olympic Games. When I was little I had a dog named TACO...he would chase his own tail until he caught it and then hold on for dear life as he ran in circles. I went through a hippie faze in high school...my friends and I used to go to the Country Fair (known as the Hippie Fair to the locals) and watch people painted completely silver walk around with only a sock over their manly parts! When I leave a public bathroom I almost ALWAYS check my shoes because I have a fear of walking back to my seat with toilet paper dragging behind me.
9 daily uses -- lotion (I have really dry hands), chapstick, computer, telephone, windex (weird, I know...but I have tile on my counter tops and they have to shine or I am not complete), baby wipes, pad of paper and pen (for my to-do list) and a good book.
8 things on my to do list -- make a song list for our upcoming ward lip synch party, clean the bathrooms, make cards for family who have been ill, laundry (ALWAYS on the list), attend T-Ball parent meeting, buy a birthday present for my Aunt, drop off nursing pads to Sheila and Live Fully!
7 places I have lived -- Pre-existence...my Mom's belly...Santa Cruz, California...Elmira, Or...Provo, Ut...Eugene, Or and where I live now (I know the first two are a little nuts...but that is the only way I could get 7, people!)
6 things I enjoy -- my family and good friends, quiet time with a book, Bunco, cool kitchen gadgets, sleeping in and a pair of comfortable shoes.
5 facts you don't know about me -- Although I have no desire to live in Florida, I entered the HGTV Dream House giveaway EVERY SINGLE DAY of the contest and I actually believe I am going to win ;) My sister and I used to love gymnastics and we would practice our balance beam moves on the 2X4 that seperated the grass from the flower beds while we dreamed of competing in the Olympic Games. When I was little I had a dog named TACO...he would chase his own tail until he caught it and then hold on for dear life as he ran in circles. I went through a hippie faze in high school...my friends and I used to go to the Country Fair (known as the Hippie Fair to the locals) and watch people painted completely silver walk around with only a sock over their manly parts! When I leave a public bathroom I almost ALWAYS check my shoes because I have a fear of walking back to my seat with toilet paper dragging behind me.
4 jobs I've had -- waitress at Bigs Hi U HE HE, shelver at BYU library, bookkeeper at Les Schwab Tire Center, teacher at Riverbend Elementary School.
3 bad habits -- negative self-talk, popping my knuckles and eating when bored.
2 books I last finished -- Simplify and The Kite Runner.
1 favorite -- My kid's kisses.
If you have a J or a Y in your name...consider yourself tagged!
14 comments:
It's so nice to know more about you, you hippie! I use an all purpose cleaner everyday also, and right now I think that it's actually windex!
I loved it! I can't wait to discuss the Kite Runner! See ya around Hippie Girl!
Ah...days at the Oregon Country Fair. I still love that place. Does that mean I haven't grown out of my hippie phase? I loved reading all this about you!
Hey Jodi so good to read your cute blog! Your kids are dolls! Miss you guys! Amber
I've heard interesting things about the Country Fair, but my goodness - only a sock! I think I might have been traumatized for life.
I pop my knuckles too -- and my toes. It's bad. It hurts so much but I love the feeling of a good pop. Psycho, I know.
I remember doing the same thing at the county fair! I think there needs to be better things to do back home!! AND I love your story about Jamie..you two are perfect for each other!
What a sweet story about your hubby! How awesome! This looks like a fun post. I'll have to get right on it!
I have seen "the sock people" before too! Eeewww... Austin too has a bad habit of popping his knuckles.
I used to pop my knuckles all the time too, but I worked really hard at trying to stop. Sometimes I still do though :) The country fair has always intrigued me, my aunt and uncle always go and help work it. I think it might be kind of fun to check it out, at least for entertainment value. Maybe. But the sock story kinda creeps me out. Seriously, the visual is disturbing! A silver man wearing nothing but a sock...I just don't know what to think about that! And I do think that it is so special that you witnessed Jamie get baptized, and know that that is when you fell in love with him. It doesn't get more special than that :)
you are such a doll! The pre-existence and your mother's belly, howcome I didn't think of that first? :) Thanks for the good belly laugh with the sock hippies!
lol...I read #6 as, sleep in a pair of comfortable shoes. I really should go to bed. Now I know to get you windex for your birthday. You are darling! Oh and I know exactly what I was doing when you fell in love with your hubby, I was celebrating Alyna's 2nd birthday. February 13, it's a good day.
I used to practice Gymnastics too, only it was little 4 inch square tiles in my parents entry way!
That was fun! I should have put wet wipes and lotion on my daily lists. I hate dry hands and they are especially bad here. (now I need to go find my lotion!)
Hmmm, I know a little about the Country Fair. Eric was NEVER allowed to go when he was younger, so we went together just after Sage was born when we were married. It was quite an experience-we still don't know what we were thinking to bring a little baby to the country fair. it was unforgettable though.
Post a Comment