*Wednesday was a beautiful day in the Northwest. I took the kids up the hill to let Ben ride his bike. He is getting pretty good and has decided to take his training wheels off as soon as he turns 5...but NO sooner. Megan was itching to get out of the jogging stroller and as soon as her feet hit the ground she was running toward Ben with her arms stretched up-high, hollering..."en...en." Ben stopped his bike and his jaw dropped to the ground as he realized his little sister had just called his name for the first time. Even though she didn't pronounce the B, it was very evident that she was calling for her big brother.


*I had a very tender moment with Ben this week. I put him to bed one night and was just about to shut the door when he said, "Mom, can I talk to you". I could tell by the tone of his voice that it wasn't a stall tactic...he really needed his mommy. I curled up in bed with him and as we sat face to face he poured out his little heart to me. One of his friends from preschool, that he absolutetly adores, is a girl and she is starting to play more with the other girls than with him. He doesn't understand why she would want to play 'house' instead of 'superheros'. My poor little man was in tears which meant...mommy was in tears after I left his room. It really broke my heart. I just love this boy...


*Today is my sweet Aunt Jan's birthday. Isn't she cute?! She is the best and I hope her day is as fabulous as she is!
13 comments:
Aw, poor Ben. I have found that some of the hardest things to explain to my kids is why other kids do the things they do. It is so hard to see my kids get their feelings hurt. And yay for Meg saying his name!! Isn't that one of her first real words??
How awesome that one of Meg's first words was Ben! I love how you described that moment.
And I just noticed the quote on your side bar - love it! Do you know where he said it?
It hurts when your kids hurt. My mom used to always say that to me but you never "get it" until you have your own children. I must say, he has the prettiest blue eyes!!!
Sweet little Ben...just know that girl will be coming back in a few years. I can't believe how cute Meg is, I just want to eat her up and Ben is getting so big. I can't wait for t-ball, so much fun.
You are such a good mommy!! And seriously Ben talks like he is 12 not 4!! I'm so excited that our boys are on the same T-ball team :)
Just tell Ben in a few years the girls will want to play superheros again so that one of them can really end up playing house with him and not the other girls ;)
Oh wow, what a sweet yet tear jerking moment with poor Ben, and how special that he turned to you like that. I love the Megan story, too. I can just see the look on Bens face as she ran to him :)
I really appreciated your thoughts. These are the things that make motherhood so rewarding. It is a sweet thing to be our children's biggest fan.
I love reading the little things that your children do! I'm with you on the older children. I still love cuddling babies, but it's nice to give them back to their mommies and go to a track meet or a choir concert without diaper bags and bottles!
I can't wait for Cameron to do T-bll or soccer or whatever. I am with you I always imagined the kids older (not that I don't love cuddling with my little ones!
I love watching my kids play sports ( when it's warm outside). I'm so excited for you to be beginning this part of life because I love it so much. Your kids are so stinking adorable. I couldn't help but smile at 'en 'en. That is so cute. See ya sooooon!
These are sweet stories, Jodi. I always look to you to know what's coming next with my own kids. I hope I get a tender bedtime talk.
How did i miss this post? Well, i'm glad I decided to check in on ya! I want to hear more about aunt Jan.
And I also agree about being a mother to older children. The baby stage is my least favorite. I would take a roomful of 4 and 5 year olds any day. I love that age.
Post a Comment