Monday, August 18, 2008

They say it's your birthday...

I am...a 35-year-old woman today. 


I think...age is a blessing. I see things more clearly in my 30s.

I know...I am blessed.


I want...Carmela's Chicken from Macaroni Grill. I could eat this EVERY DAY and never get tired of it. It is sooooo good.

I have...a happy life filled with lots of laughter and goofiness.

I wish...for a Macaroni Grill in my small town!

I hate...the word 'HATE'

I miss...cooking. I haven't been doing any serious cooking because of the nausea but it's getting better and better and so is my desire to try a new recipe.

I fear...losing one of my children or husband.

I feel...that time moves WAY too fast. I can hardly believe that my boy will be going to kindergarten in a few short weeks.


I hear...the sound of the dishwasher and an Olympic gymnastic final event on TV.

I smell...the mulled cider candle a good friend of mine dropped off for my birthday. I love candles and my sweet friends.

I search...the Internet for back to school clothes and cute shoes for Megan.

I wonder...how Micheal Phelps can win 8 GOLD MEDALS in a single Olympic games. Seriously, he must be superhuman! How much does one person have to train to be THAT good? Amazing and so much fun to watch.

I regret...nothing! I believe we learn and gain from everything we do in life.


I love...summer. This warm weather makes me SMILE!

I care...about my appearance but don't fret over it. There is so much more to me than what I look like.

I always...look forward to my mom's famous Chocolate Cheesecake that she makes me every year for my birthday.

I am not...surprised when I gain weight after eating half of it!

I believe...in making life fun. Why not enjoy every day and try not to worry about the little things that don't matter. Life is too short.

I dance...when Ben pulls out his car radio and wants a dance off. This happens in the evenings...we call this "Jammin' in our Jammies".

I sing...all the time.

I don't always...sound good when I sing but it helps release the rock star in me dying to get out!

I listen...when my friends need an ear.

I can usually be found...in my house with an apron tied around my waist.

I'm scared of...wasting time on Earth. I want to live each day to the fullest but get distracted and know there are times I am not living up to my full potential.

I read...novels, mostly. I love historical fiction.

I am happy about...life. At the end of most days I have a smile on my face. It's not always easy but dang...it's good.

21 comments:

Darilyn said...

Happy birthday friend. I love ya!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have many more wonderful years!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Gorgeous! Have a super fantastic day! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! I hope you enjoy your day :)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Jodi! I hope you get a treat tonight at the Macaroni grill :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for all the little reminders and insight into who you are. I love you!

Aundrea said...

Happy, happy birthday Jodi Dear,!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Love you!

Merilee said...

Happy Birthday Jodi!!! I love learning all I can about you!

Rochelle said...

They say it's your birthday...SHOUT HORAY! Happy Birthday dear friend! Love you!

The Good Gomer Family said...

You share this great day with another great person....Kylie my daughter. Hope you have a great one and get Macaroni Grill and Chocolate Cheesecake!

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday fellow August birthday girl! Hope your birthday is awesome :)

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Jodi! I hope you had a fabulous day. Loved reading your post and learning a little more about you.

Tonya said...

Great post! Happy birthday to you:) I loved learning these little things about you. You are so cute!

Natalee said...

Happy Happy Birthday Cutie!

Hope you had a fantastic day!

Hugs!
Nat

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday!!

Julee and Matt said...

Happy Birthday!! I think we have the same due day with these babies. Too funny. :)

Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachel said...

OH I hope you had a great birthday!! This was a wonderful post. I may have to steal the idea someday... if I ever get back to blogging, geez.
Welcome to the mid-30's friend. The view is awesome, ain't it??

(You and I are exactly TO THE DAY one month apart in age. Very cool!)

Candy said...

Happy belated birthday friend! What a cute post!

Tiffini said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. And I hope you got yourself to Macaroni Grill--that sounds yummy!

Shannon b said...

happy birthday!
I've never been to the macaroni grill -- may have to try it sometime!