

Ben with the cute sea otters. They are always so playful. I think if I could come back to this life as an animal I would want to be a sea otter. I just love these little guys.
The sea lions put on a nice show for us. They are so graceful in the water.

Megan made friends with this penguin. It was hard to pull her away.

The hippos were in to getting some exercise today. They were ALL over the place.

My little monkey pretending to be a real monkey after we looked at the monkeys.
And we got to see the new baby elephant. So cute! He was born just a few weeks ago and weighed in at 286 pounds. OUCH!
BUT the highlight of the day was being reunited with my little girl after she slipped away from me while I was taking a picture of Ben playing on the statues outside of the elephant exhibit. I turned around and she was NO WHERE to be found. In true freak out mode...I started hollering for her and shouting to all that could hear me that I couldn't find my daughter. I looked everywhere...knowing she couldn't be far unless someone had snatched her. My heart was racing. It felt like an eternity before someone over by the candy/bubble gum machines asked if she had dark hair with a red sweater. YES. YES. YES. I grabbed her and didn't want to let go. My baby! At this point I was shaking and then I started to cry as the relief just flooded over me. It was a VERY scary moment. The rest of the day...Megan got hugged a little tighter and smiled at a little more.
AND this is where she spent the rest of her time at the zoo...

Locked up in her stroller...so I knew EXACTLY where she was at all times!
10 comments:
Oh so scary! I am glad she didn't get far. Macee is a wild girl like that and we got her a monkey backpack with a leash...so we can keep her close, because she won't sit in a stroller.
Oh, so scary! I'm so glad you found her safe and sound without too much time passing. I would have cried, too! Other than that, it looked like a great day!
I'm glad you had a good day. The weather was perfect! What a scary thing to have happened! I'm glad she was just eyeing the candy!!
oh my goodness, that is so scary! I can just imagine the heart palpitations -- hate just the thought of it. Glad you were reunited so quickly safe & sound.
My heart was racing just reading about it. I am glad you found her safe and sound. I love the picture of Ben on the monkey swing thing. That is one of our favorite play spots at the zoo.
How lucky you get one extra week of summer! Sorry you had such a scare!
I am so jealous that you saw the baby elephant, I really want to. I'm glad you had a fun time at the Zoo and sad Megan disappeared on you.
Oh that's so scary! I can't stand those kinds of moments. I'm glad that you found her safe and sound! I can't believe how long her hair is getting. She always looks like such a little doll!
SO glad for a happy ending! That is seriously the WORST feeling in the world. I hate hate hate that feeling.
LOVE that zoo, though! Sea lions are the best. :)
That is the WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD. I am going to have those problems with Caiden. He's my roamer.
We haven't heard anything about him being flown out yet, but if they do, I'll definitely come with him so we can meet!!!
Post a Comment