I was released from my Activity Chair calling that I have held for the last 3 years. I have loved being the 'party planner' but it was definitely time to pass the torch. Last Sunday I was called to serve as the 1st Councilor in the Primary Presidency. I am EXCITED!
I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. Love the cut...still not sure about the color. It's dark. I would say it is close to my natural color. It's still a little shocking looking in the mirror but I think this was a good move before the baby comes so I don't have to go in as often to get color. The grow out won't be so bad.
Today was a crazy day in Sacrament Meeting. Megan was full of it. She was wiggly, talkative and would scream if she didn't get something she wanted...immediately! It dawned on me that she is entering her 'terrible twos' stage. Lovely. I took Megan out 3 times and then when I finally got her calmed down enough to reenter Ben wouldn't share the pink crayon (because he was planning to use it later)! Enter...the last straw! We spent the rest of the time in a classroom having a family POW WOW. I was a ball of knotted up frustration by the time I went to Primary. How are we ever going to add another child to this mix of CrA-ZZZZZ? With days like this, Jamie and I have discussed changing my blog name to 'Delight in the Every OTHER day' ;)
CrA-ZZZZ, I tell ya!
Primary was FABULOUS! I went in feeling like a ragged mess and left there feeling calm and rejuvenated...so thankful for this new calling and the sweet spirits that fill that primary room! Once I arrived home I picked up the Ensign and read Elder Wirthlin's talk, "Come What May and Love It" from October's General Conference. He talks of a time when his family was headed to Cedar City, Utah and took a wrong turn. They didn't realize it until two hours later when they saw the, "Welcome to Nevada" signs. They didn't get angry instead they laughed and as a result their laughter created a special memory for the whole family. This was a good reminder that I need to NOT get so worked up over the 'pull out your hair' moments and just LAUGH. So bring on the new baby and a little more CrA-ZZZZ...we will just giggle our way through it!
16 comments:
FWIW -- I didn't even hear Meg crying in church. I was too busy battling MY terrible two year old. :) And I am glad you are loving primary! I actually missed it today.
I like the new name for your blog... Every OTHER day. Too cute!
Pics of your new do??? PLEASE!
Congrats on the new calling!!
Can't say I miss the Terr two's.. congrats on your new calling. good to see you in passing LOL. i had a two week break from CRAZZZY but it will start again after thanksgiving..
I love your mom! She is so much fun and you are so lucky to have her close!
I didn't hear Meg either...Bronson, Maika and Nalani had my ears occupied:)
I love the "every OTHER day" idea:)
okay, that is a great blog name. :)
Oh the two's . . . something to be endured, for sure. But I do love Elder Wirthlin's advice -- I try to keep that one in my thoughts as much as I can. In times of life-stree my MIL has often said something like, "We laugh, because if we don't laugh we'd be crying."
that's "life-stress"
I was up front and didn't hear her - did see you leave a couple of times - I just remember my days of going through that and how I miss it - kind of sort of in a weird kind of way - - - Oh, I still am I had to leave the stand and discipline three teenagers to be quiet and behave - gotta love em!
Congrats on the new calling. We will miss your awesome parties but I'm glad my kids can experience your awesomeness now! (Can you tell I've seen Kung Foo Panda WAY too many times!) I didn't hear Megan either. My kids are just as noisy and I think that's what Aundrea was hearing in her ear all through Sacrament!
Oh man, I can relate!! This past summer was very tough at times with Emma and her little terrible two tantrums! It has gotten better but every once in a while those little tantrums come back! I remember pulling up to my sister's one day during the summer, getting out of the car with Emma in the middle of one of her little tantrums and saying, "I HATE two!" I have since realized, that two isn't always terrible. It can be really sweet and adorable at times but man, that age can try your patience! And your little girl is ADORABLE! Good thing they're cute, huh?!
Oh Jodi my friend, I know I should go on and on about how excited I am for you to have a new calling AND how wonderful you will do in it AND how lucky the children will be to see you each Sunday AND how lucky the women you'll be serving with will be to work with you, bla bla bla, BUT you see I'm still struggling a bit (just a bit) with the fact that you are no longer on the activities committee serving WITH ME!!! Okay, now that I vocalized in a cyber sort a way that little shantrum I feel better :) But truly, in all seriousness, I know that you will be AMAZING in Primary, just as you were on activities. I really enjoyed serving with you, and I miss you already. But I wish you the best. I really do mean that. Love you :)
I loved your hair!
I'm happy for you and with your new calling. I think it's going to be so good for you and all of our sweet kids to have you in there.
I sure don't miss the terrible 2's!
You are great with Primary--have fun! And the kids look so cute! I love the pics with grandma.
You have a very awesome Mom! I want pics of the new cut and color. Congrats on the new calling. I don't know so many of the songs that they sing. I would love to be in the Primary just to learn the new tunes. I love your zest for life and your positive attitude. I might have to steal the POW-WOW idea. Brilliant!
I love how were are all so focused on our own little tornados to notice anyone else's. :0) What a blessing! I loved that talk in conference. LOL< maybe my word for 2009 will be laugh! What a blessing for our children to have you in Primary, you are wonderful.
I love your posts and always reading what's going on!
Good luck with your new calling! You'll be great!
p.s. Post a picture of your new do! Would love to see it!
Church can most definitely be hard during that stage. It to will pass. Primary is a great fit for you, you'll do great with all those kids!
Post a Comment