Monday, January 19, 2009

OUCH...

It is a beautiful day here in the Northwest so I took the kids to feed the ducks...

play at the park...


and then we topped it off with a little lunch and a good laugh after this conversation...


Ben: Sometimes I get scared easy, mom. (This was prompted by the large geese that can be rather aggressive when feeding the ducks at the park.)

Me: It's Ok, Ben. You are only 5. As you get bigger, things won't seem as scary.

Ben: Do you ever get scared?

Me: Sometimes...and I'm 35!

Ben: WOW, you are old!!!!

Me: Yeah...I guess I am :)

Ben: Are you going to die soon?

OUCH!

9 comments:

Tiffini said...

Beautiful day! I don't recognize that park though--should I? My kids like to remind me that I am older than Tim. *sigh* I just try to forget how old I am--it is amazingly easy to do, maybe because I am getting old.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Ok i was laughing out loud with that one!

Nicole said...

Too funny!

Merilee said...

HIlarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny! He will laugh about this when he is 35 looking back on this day :)
That picture of Megan chasing the ducks is SO sweet, I love it. I still think she looks like a catalog baby :) I guess I can't really call her a baby anymore though can I? I can't wait to see what this next one looks like, boy or girl they will be beuatiful I'm sure! Just a few more weeks, eeeeek!!! Sorry again that we missed you! We'll have to try again soon :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just like a little one? :) I laughed so hard Jim asked me what was going on? :) Thanks for the good laugh! Love ya!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a funny boy! Thanks for the laugh and the great idea. I think we will go feed the ducks, ASAP.

Natalee said...

Well....nothing like having your 5-yr old live-in daughter ask you, is there a baby in your tummy! At least you really have one in yours! And that's after I have lost 30 lbs! Can't win for losing!

Anonymous said...

Your ticker is now showing a SINGLE digit!!!! Woo-hoo!!!