Friday, May 22, 2009

Day in the Life - Sunshine Edition

I woke up this morning to the sunshine flooding our bedroom. I have been REALLY tired lately so the sun was delightful and it gave me the energy I needed to start my day.
First thing, I nursed this little cutie...


She nursed well which was a welcome surprise. This week has been a rough one in little Ellie's life. She has been really fussy and hasn't been nursing well, in fact, it got to be so bad that I took her in to the doctor after she went 24 hours with only one mediocre feeding. There are no signs of illness...no fever, no runny nose, no rash, no white spots in the mouth and no teeth coming in. It has us stumped (and the doctor, too). Maybe just a virus that needs to run its course but mama bear can't help but worry. This is what I do best.
Another thing I do well? Change diapers. I'm a bonafide expert at it! The summer is creeping up on me and I know it is time to start potty training. But for now...this is what most of my days consist of.

After getting Ben out the door for school and feeding Megan, I decided to take the girls for a little walk. Before Ellie was born I thought I would never be able to get out of the house without a double stroller. So we went and forked out the cash for one and I have hardly used it. We go everywhere, but I put Ellie in the front pack (she lives in that thing) and the stroller stays parked in the garage. Well, it's time to get our money's worth out of that monster of a stroller and to get my behind moving so we dusted off the cobwebs and took it for a little stroll.


An unexpected gift awaited me when I opened the compartment on the top of the stroller that holds misc items. MY LONG LOST CELL PHONE!!!!

Can I get a woot woot!!


I have been looking for this hand held treasure since Ben's birthday, April 8th...in fact, we went to the zoo that day and this is exactly where I left it...in the stroller. Who knew? Not me...that's for sure!

After my celebratory dance of joy...we went to pick up this monkey from school...

When his kindergarten teacher gives him the go ahead to leave the line...he always makes a mad dash right towards me and practically tackles me to the ground with a rather tight embrace. I LOVE the warm reception and it's good practice for him... he is going to make a mean football player, I tell ya.

Once home, it was time for lunch. We enjoy eating outside in the backyard when the weather is nice so we plopped down a blanket and ate tuna fish sandwiches while we took in the sun.


While eating, the kids attempted to make Ellie smile with silly faces and poses. Believe it or not...this is a fairly typical mealtime activity. Most of the time we keep the food in our mouths but once in awhile milk comes out of somebody's nose :)

After some weed pulling and a game of dodge ball, we dropped Ben off at Art class and the girls and I went to Walmart.

After dinner, baths and some play time with daddy...we were all ready for bed. This is a typical Day in the Life.

11 comments:

Darilyn said...

I for one like your Typical Day in the Life. Who wouldn't want to spend the day with those adorable three? I'm glad you found your sunglasses. I lost my whole set of keys last summer and have never found them. I keep hoping they show up just like your cell phone did.

Lynn Boyle said...

FUN times.. i miss the young years they went too fast for me.. enjoy every morsal.. the transision to 1st grade was very hard on me. Jake turned into a mini grown up over night.. i saw Jamie/Ben at soccer sign ups.. hope life is good maybe we can do the park sometime?

Michelle said...

Great pictures from "life". I love Meg's sunglasses, too cute! Hopefully the sun will stick around for awhile so we can all chase away those Winter blahs.

Shannon b said...

yay!! I'm so glad you found the cell phone!

Dannielle said...

I need to be better at documenting the everyday life - hope your little baby feels better soon.

Tiffini said...

Yay for finding your cell phone. I love waking up to sunshine--a great way to start the day.

Rochelle said...

YAY! Glad you found it!
Ben is starting or maybe he has always and I'm just noticing how much he looks like Jamie.

Marie said...

Little Ellie is really growing and changing and so are the rest of your kids! Fun sample of your life.

Tiffiny said...

What a lucky girl you are Jodi! Gorgeous kids and fun fun fun times. Let me tell you it is sooo nice to only have one bottom to clean now. Good luck with the potty training, but be prepared for a potty mouth. Mason has it bad, which in turn triggers Drew's potty mouth! I swear all our conversations are about body fluids!

rachel said...

i just lost my cell phone, too!!! but not for as long as you. mine was gone 2 weeks. finally found it in an apron pocket. so random. i hadn't been cooking... i'd used it to paint in and protect my clothing from paint.
i did a dance of joy, too!!

your babes are all so stinkin cute!!

Tonya said...

Your kids really are such sweeties. Thanks for the day in the life update. Sounds perfect....and a lot like what a day in the life is like for me:0)