Sunday, May 10, 2009

She...

She is not the picture on the magazine
She's the woman just behind you in the checkout stand
She may appear to be common but she mystifies
In all the ways the wisest men and children understand
'Cause she has eyes that sparkle with her love
And she has a smile that's as gentle as a dove
And no woman in a movie or an ad
Could ever hope to be
As beautiful as she
She is not a highly honored diplomat
Held responsible to lead the world to peace
But what she does is every bit as serious
Amidst the turmoil everywhere that will never cease
'Cause she has hands that wipe the tears away
And she has a voice that makes everything okay
And no woman from the papers or TV
Could ever hope to be
As indispensable as she
'Cause she may not be known for giving millions
To the charities and auctions on the news
But I believe she's given more than anyone
On all the times she's ever had to choose
to give up sleep and rock her children every night
And give her heart to always hold their dreams so tight
And the best that you and I could ever hope to be
Is as wonderful as she

I love you, Mom.

Happy Mother's Day!

She by Cherie Call

5 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That is one of my favorite songs. What a wonderful tribute to your mom, she is beautiful! What cute little girls. I hope you had a great day.

Rochelle said...

I love your mom to! Happy Mothers Day!

Natalee said...

Beautiful tribute Jodi! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this song . . . and wanted to tell you that I thought this was a super sweet post. I remember you saying before you had Megan that you hoped to have a daughter someday so that you can share that amazing mother-daughter bond that you have always chershed with your own mom . . . and it makes my heart smile to see you experience this now. I'm sure your girls will be writing posts like this about you someday, and Ben, too!
And I don't know if you or anyone else noticed this or not, but it clearly looks to me like your mom has a halo in that 2nd picture of her with Ben and Megan . . . you know what they say, "there are angels all around us" . . . seems pretty fitting :)

Dani said...

I LOVE that song! What a nice tribute to your mom :)