I am from rural roots, blue cream soda and peanut m&ms.
I am from the house in the fields lined with trees, room to roam, driveway arch to greet. From El Cuatro Ts.
I am from wood carved cribbage boards, 500 rummy. From Wonder Woman Underoos and Big Wheels, Sunday drives in the country and button noses and cute as can be freckle faces, from Helen Bessy and Lowel, Bobby and Milt, Garry and Susan Jean.
I am from white linen table clothes and Thanksgiving day toasts. From travels to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas celebrations, singing loudly and slightly off-key to a homemade 50's tape. I am from brightly colored Easter egg hunts, birthday celebrations with favorite meals followed by chocolate cheesecake.
I'm from hard working, dig in the dirt hands, hosed-off driveways, toasty campfires and singing through downtown Salt Lake City...eye yeye yeye yeye.
I am from 'You can do anything you set your mind to' , 'Don't forget to say your prayers' and 'I love you'.
I am from deep faith in knowing who we are and why we are here. From Priesthood blessings, family prayers and appreciation for immense blessings.I'm from the Johnsons of England, French royalty and the Terwilligers from the far stretches of Norway. From the sandy beaches of Santa Cruz, the delicious smell of Sunday roasts, SJs and chocolate-covered Chinese noodles.
I am from the oldest son and youngest daughter. From hand holding, love pats and swaying side to side as my parent's danced lovingly in the kitchen.
I am from eternal love.
6 comments:
I love this!! What a beautiful way to describe who you are and what contributed to you being YOU. ☺
Jodi: What a beautiful tribute to us, your parents, and to your family! You are truly a blessing to us. The memories you have captured on paper brought tears to our eyes. We love you so much.
Mom and Dad
This is great, Jodi. I love it.
Beautiful.
I am at a loss for words ... this was just THAT touching. What an incredible tribute.
Jodi, I think you may have yet another calling in life ... you are a very gifted writer!!!
Posts like this just make me happy :)
Beautiful, my friend!
Post a Comment