Thursday, November 19, 2009

9 month milestone...

Elise...I'm a tad bit tardy
but wanted to document your latest milestone, of sorts.
Nine Months.
You have been in the world
as long as you were in my womb.
You are my little Ellie.

And little you are.

Measuring in the 47% for length and the 9% for weight.

You are the most wonderful baby. Always smiling and content. You make my life easy with your happy spirit.

You are crawling in a dead man, army crawl sort of way. You really get around. Your brother and sister provide you with all sorts of visual entertainment and you follow them from room to room.

You love your beautiful white blanket that Grandma crocheted for you. Once the fringe touches your face, you stick your thumb in your mouth and lay your head on my shoulder for a snuggle.

Oh, how I love this.

You tend to be a bit picky when it comes to food. You love your milk and oatmeal cereal and will tolerate corn, apple sauce, green beans, bananas and pears but there are other foods that you just refuse to eat. You are eating in the high chair now, pulled right up to the table with the rest of the family. Ben asked to switch seats with Dad's usual spot so he could be next to you during every meal. He adores you.

Speaking of food...you love to crawl around on the kitchen floor and clean up the scraps underneath the table. You will find the tiniest of crumbs and they go directly into your mouth. This makes me realize I need to sweep more.

You are a great sleeper taking two naps a day. When I lay you down you hardly make a peep and you can sleep through just about anything. There have been moments when Megan is up in the middle of the night with a nightmare and you will wake up, watch the action and then fall right back to sleep without making a fuss.

You love to stick out your tongue and blow which creates a lot of spit. This is especially exciting to you when you have food in your mouth which proceeds to go all over you, the chair, the floor and mommy. Sometimes you will do this over and over and over again with a little smile and giggle in between. You fit right in to our family with your good sense of humor!

You have the softest head and I love to rub my cheek against your fuzzy hair. It looks like you may have some curl in those locks of yours...taking after your mama already. This makes me smile.

8 comments:

Paige said...

She's just so dang cute!! I can't believe she has been around for more than nine months. Crazy! And I'm so thrilled for you that she is easy going. How nice!

Tiffini said...

She sounds just heavenly. I love those pictures too. If she is anything like my happy baby #3 (smiley Wyatt), she will continue in her loving way for years to come!

Jody said...

Beautiful Jodie! You make me wish we could have another baby. :)

Shannon b said...

what a cutie! I love these pictures, especially the first one. Wow, nine months. Before you know it you'll be celebrating the big number 1!

Anonymous said...

Jodi:

Elise will treasure the things you have written about her. She is a jewel, such a sweet happy little soul. I love seeing the pictures of my darlings between visits, but it makes me miss them more.

Love, Grandma

Tonya said...

What a sweetie! Reading about her blanket and her thumb in her mouth and her snuggles makes me miss having a baby.

Tiffiny said...

Too sweet! What a cutie and such a blessing!

Marie said...

So adorable. I just love her eyes!