Monday, November 2, 2009

Blatant Bragging...

Warning...this post contains blatant, shameless bragging which may make you cringe, blush or grab your garbage can to hurl. Proceed if you choose but you have been forwarned.

My boy played soccer like a super star on Saturday. 'Ben Beckham' the people were shouting from the stands (slight exaggeration ;) The paparazzi (Grandma) took lots and lots of pictures (like 200...no exaggeration).
Here are just a few...

When the starting whistle blew my boy was down and ready.

When you looked left...he was there. Hustling after the ball ready to take on any competitors.

When you looked right...he was there. Ready to kick it into the goal.

Right there in the thick of things. Aggressive. In the middle of it all.

And if you got in his way...he would take you down. Look at the focus on that boy's face. Boyyyyyyy howdy.

And when everything was said and done...

My boy scored 10 goals!

Yes. 10.

Boooooya!

11 comments:

Paige said...

Wow!! Way to go, Ben!! I guess the sickies served him well, didn't they??? I'm so excited that in 10 years I can say that the High School Sports Stud is the son of one of my good friends. ;)

Tiffiny said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Jodi: I love this. Yes, he is a supper soccer player - the best!! Just ask Grandma, she'll tell you. I can't wait to see him play again. Love ya, Mom

Darilyn said...

That is awesome! Way to go Ben!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You should be proud that is AWESOME. GO BEN!!!

Michelle said...

Great action shots! What a superstar!

Tonya said...

You have every right to brag! That's seriously amazing that he scored so many goals. By the way, I only hurled once....just joking...I'm sure you knew that:0)

Rochelle said...

He looks like a proand like he is having a blast! Great pictures!

Merilee said...

My holy heck! He looks awesome!

Natalee said...

Bragging rights completely granted! Great pics! Way to go Ben!

Marie said...

Great job, Ben! (and you too, Jodi, I'm sure you deserve some credit!!)