Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shredded Southwestern Chicken...

Rainy, fall weather always brings with it the urge for me to whip up something warm and delicious in the kitchen. I love to cook especially on a cold, wet day. However, a little bug nipped me in the bum and I have a nasty head cold. No cooking for me today. But the fam still needs to eat, right? SO, I have to share this most yummy recipe with you that is extremely EASY. Go grab your crockpot.

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use a big one because we like it saucy!)
1 small can of green chilies
8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg. dry italian dressing

Put the chicken in the crock pot (it's OK if they are frozen) and then top with the other ingredients. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken, shred and return to pot. Stir well. Serve over hot rice.

It is THAT easy. And bonus...everyone in my family loves it, even the picky eaters. Oh, how I LOOOOOVE me some crockpot meals.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Oooh, I am saving this post for a future meal. YUM!!

Shannon b said...

sounds delish! I love easy meals.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

YUM! I too am a big fan of most anything that comes out of a crock pot. Thanks for sharing, I hope you feel better soon.

sheila said...

I am SO all over that. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dani said...

That sounds yummy!