Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fullness of life...

My heart has been on fire today...thinking about all the beautiful, simple blessings in my life. Although I strive to have a thankful heart all year long, Thanksgiving always brings it to the fullest extent in me. Such a beautiful holiday. Right now I am thankful for...

laughter

sweet smiles from my kids

The Book of Mormon

family scripture time no matter how chaotic and crazy it can sometimes be

dancing in the kitchen with my husband (cheek to cheek tango)

daily phone calls with my mom

a healthy body that has carried 3 beautiful babies into the world

friendship

the fall rain

the ability to change my circumstances...I am in control of my life

books to carry me away

the love of my Heavenly Father...I feel it everyday

living close to family

full-on, bust a gut giggles :)

and so much more.


My blessings are abundant. A charmed life, indeed.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie

4 comments:

Dannielle said...

Great quote - and Happy Thanksgiving!! Did you love new moon - I thought it was great but it made me realize that I will always want more and will never be satisfied :) I think that is what makes it so great.

Tonya said...

A charmed life,indeed. You are so cute Jodi!!!

Rochelle said...

I love this post it is perfect! we all do indeed have so much to be thankful for. I love you!

rachel said...

Oh Jodi. I love your blog and I've missed it!! I've been so behind on everyone's posts. I just sat here and had a good "catch up" session and am in love with your kids! Ben is so handsome and Megan and Ellie are BEEEEYOOOOtiful!!
Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I love it.