Monday, December 14, 2009

You are...

Three...

I can't believe my beautiful girl is 3.

You are: girly. Bring on the pink and the princesses for this girl. She loves it. Funny story... when Jamie and I moved in to our first house we instantly changed the curtains and had to paint ALL the walls because everything was pink and I DID NOT like pink. Months later when spring arrived and tulips started to sprout up out of the ground I was OH SO excited because I love love love tulips. Until I noticed...they. were. pink. I almost died. Then I took my shovel and plucked all those babies out of the ground and threw them away. That's how much a despised pink. My distaste softened when my little Megan arrived three years ago.

You are: a cute talker. She has a hard time pronouncing the S sound and she leaves out the first letter of some words like 'thank you' is 'ank ou' and 'pink stroller is 'ink oller'.

You are: a sweet talker, too. Megan has the cutest way with words when she wants something. She will space her thumb and forefinger about an inch apart and say..."just a little bit" with a head tilt and a sweet, innocent grin.

You are: helpful. She loves to set the table, make sandwiches (spread the mayo and lick the knife) and will run to the bedroom to grab a diaper or wipes for Ellie anytime I ask. Love that.

You are: a fashionista. The girl loves clothes (at Gymboree she will walk around and say "I like this and this and this and this and this," taking them off the wall and handing them to me as if we are going to buy her all the things on her wish list...yeah right.)

You are: independent. A few months back, Megan came to me and said she was hungry. I told her I would make breakfast in just a few minutes but she needed to be patient because I still had a few things to get done first. She disapeared. A few minutes later, (errr....15....maybe 20) I wandered into the kitchen to find Megan had pulled out the toaster from the cupboard, grabbed the bread from out of the fridge, pulled a stool up to get high enough to put the bread into the toaster and push the lever down. She was making herself some toast.

You are: sweet as pie. She is full of hugs and kisses and loves to snuggle. She likes to wait at the door for Ben to arrive home from school and then give him a big squeeze. Also, she is known for her lip smacking sounds during family prayer. Instead of closing her eyes she will look up at each of us and blow us kisses. It's sweet and funny because she blows first and then kisses. Makes me smile.

You are: chapstick obsessed. The girl loves her some chapstick and she is constantly finding the ones that I hide throughout the house. She puts it on her lips, face, pants, shirt...she uses it like a paint brush. Lovely.

You are: creative. She has an imaginary friend named 'La La' who lives nearby and comes to visit us just about every day.

You are: beautiful. I love her long long hair. When she was 1 she had the cutest little bob hairstyle and I have thought about cutting it a few times but am thankful that I haven't. She has gorgous hair and I think little girls are so feminine looking and sweet with long locks.

You are: so loved. We are so thankful for our sweet Megan. She is a joy and we love her with all our hearts.

Happy Birthday, Megan!

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

I love that whenever she comes to my house she brings a hat and a purse along with her:) Happy Birthday, Meg!

Shannon b said...

a stunning little beauty! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Jodi: I am so sad that the weather kept us apart on Meg's third birthday, but seeing your blog makes me feel like we were there. What a little darling. We love you all so much and can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Love, Mom

Nicole said...

Those pictures of her are gorgeous! Happy Birthday!

Tiffini said...

She is adorable!!! I softened a lot on pink too when Mallory came to our family. And I love Meg's hair!!!