It's funny, of course, to designate a 'Kid's Day' when our whole lives, day after day, is focused on our little rascals but that's exactly what our family did last week and it was a long time coming. A few years ago, Ben asked why we didn't celebrate children since we have Mother's Day and Father's Day. He declared that we should have a Kid's Day. Good idea, Ben.
We started out with sandwhiches for breakfast. Ben LOVES plain ol' turkey and cheese sandwhiches and would eat them all day, every day if I would allow. He is constantly asking for one at breakfast time so since it was Kid's Day...I obliged.
We then drove to our local science museum for hours and hours of fun!
We played with rolling balls...
We sat in the earthquake simulator. This was Megan's favorite stop on our trip. She must have went through at least 8 times. And she loved to dive on the carpet to protect her head from the imaginary falling debrit...
We made paper airplanes and flew them through cutouts in the walls...
We watched as Ellie sat mesmorized by all the entertainment going on around her...
We played musical instruments...
We created and splashed in the water...
and the sand box...
Then we drove over to a place that is out of this world for pizza and play.
We went down giant slides head first...
and bum first, too (my little girl has NO FEAR. Go girl!)...
My BIG kid had fun, too...
Celebrating our kids. That's what kid's day is all about. Celebrating their spirits, quirks, personalities and spunk. And boy, oh boy do my kids have alot of spunk.
Doesn't this picture just say it all?
9 comments:
You have beautiful kids! I'm going to ask my kids what they think of having a kid's day...gee I wonder what they will say. Cute idea!
Jodi: I want to be one of your kids and go on Kids' Day with your family. What precious memories you are creating.
Love ya,
Mom
Hey, we were just at Out Of This World on Monday. We LOVE that place!!! Of course we need to have a kids day to celebrate. Now if it would just be a day off from school day, that would be even better:0)
You are such a fun mom.
In Brazil they have a children's day and I always thought it was a great idea. Your kids are adorable and growing up so fast.
I wish I was born into your family! What fun you guys are always having.
what a good mama you are!
That's a fun idea. My girls are getting big, but I think they'd still appreciate a kid day!
I'm with Tiffiny, I want to be a Heitz!!! You guys rock :)
Post a Comment