It's my birthday!
Our littlest noise maker turned 1 last month!
12 full months of life. And full of life she is.
12 full months of life. And full of life she is.
She loves being with people and is quite content in her crib, fully awake, as long as her sister is in there with her.
She smiles ALL THE TIME especially at her big brother and big sister...who both still love to smother her with kisses and hugs. In fact, Ben practically races me to the girls room each morning so he can reach in and grab her out of her crib. He is quite the helper.
When we tell her we want to give her a kiss, she leans her little head toward our lips so we can kiss her and then she makes a little smacking noise as if to kiss us back. Love this!
Her first word...MAMA! woot woot :)
Ellie army crawls everywhere she goes and she does it with her own unique style...pushing off so hard with her feet that she sometimes catches a little air and looks like she is flying. She's pretty quick, believe it or not.
Although she is not walking (or anywhere near...in my opinion), she does stand and cruise on the furniture so I'm not too worried (ha...not worried right this minute but ask me again in a few hours and I might be).
She finally likes the bathtub and will sit in there for quite some time enjoying the bath toys and her siblings.
I love the curl in her hair when she gets out of the tub. The longer her hair gets the more wave we see. I love it!
I'm still not sure what color her eyes are. Does that make me a bad mom? They are REALLY dark but not like Megans. They have a dark grey/blue look to them. Maybe? Next time you see her...check them out and let me know what you think.
She eats everything. Good little eater. She loves chicken, sausage, scrambled eggs and many fruits, especially strawberries. Recently, we were at the grocery store and the produce lady gave the girls a few strawberries (quite a mess, UGH) and when Ellie finished hers...SHE WANTED MORE. She exercised her lungs a little in hopes of getting another one ;)
Despite the fact that Ellie eats as much as a small adult, she is tiny (seriously? Is she really ours? What the?) At her one year appointment she was in the 70% for height and the 9% for weight and OFF THE CHARTS for lovability (cheesy...but true!)
Our family gathered for a little celebration in
Ellie's honor...
Ellie's honor...
1) Birthday cake 2) Papa and Ellie 3) Grandpa and Megan 4) Aunt Nikki
5) Grandpa, Ben and Megan 6) Aunt Jan 7) Grandma 8) Strout Family
Ellie was sick on her big day (how sad is that). She wasn't very interested in eating and just sort of looked at her birthday cake and candle, poking at it a few times with her fingers. Big sister, Megan, decided to step in and give her a hand, er...should I say fork? She took bite after bite after bite from her Megan. It was very sweet. The bond between sisters starts young.
We absolutely adore you, Ellie!
Happy, Happy birthday!





6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Ellie!! Try not to stress about the walking. Jaren was barely crawling at 12 months and he didn't walk until way after that. I just think that some kids are just more content to chill out and aren't as motivated to get a move on. She is perfect, have no fear. ;)
Happy Birthday sweet Ellie! I think that she is absolutely gorgeous and she's not walking because she wants to be your baby that much longer! Megan has been my lastest bloomer and didn't walk until 13 or 14 months.
I can't believe these kids are growing up on us so fast!! And I didn't know Nikki was finally prego, how exciting!! Tell her congrats. I just love your family.
Happy Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!!! I can't believe it's been a year already! I still remember taking pics of her tiny little newborn ears and hands and feet ... and her in that little basket, which she can probably barely sit in now! She is such a doll Jodi ... perfect in every way :)
Happy Birthday, Ellie! She is a beauty!
HI AUNT JODI,She is so cute .Iam so sorry she was sick .I love you so much .
LOVE
GRACE A. BAKER
Post a Comment