Thursday, March 4, 2010

I love...

I love how Megan's eyes light up when she sees me head toward the craft cupboard. I love how she follows me to the counter asking, "Mommy, I craft with you? Mommy, I craft with you?" I love how she repeats it until I answer yes. When the yes comes, I love how she smiles sweetly and says, "Tank ooo (thank you), Mommy. Tank ooo (thank you)!" I love how she pulls up the big black stool, snuggling it up right next to me so she can be extra close to the action. I love how she reaches in the drawers, pulling out paper punches, glue, and ribbon. I love how she has watched me over the years and has learned to use these tools with relative ease at the age of 3. I love how she makes something for someone she loves and can hardly stand the wait until she presents her masterpiece. I love how her little bum cleavage hangs out of her pants when she leans over to grab something that will be just perfect for her craft.


I love how she is my constant shadow.
My sidekick.
My pal.

7 comments:

sheila said...

My kids are like 'crafts? What are crafts?' But now baking....that's another story. My kids can lick a batter bowl like you wouldn't believe!
I love her constant butt crack. Wouldn't we all be so lucky to have our pants be falling off of us from lack of butt? Did that make sense?

Anonymous said...

I love that she loves to help you with everything. She is such a delight and will be your shadow and constant companion always!

Love you all so much, Mom

Shannon b said...

what sweet cheeks! :)
Good for you for including her so young in the crafting process. Gotta teach those girls to create!

Dannielle said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I *love* your posts ... always sweet and tender. this entry will mean SO much to her when she is older. what good memories :) have I ever told you that you make me want to be a better mommy? really.

Tonya said...

Bum cleavage!?! That's great! I've always called it plumbers smile. Ha! Ha! Your such a sweet, sweet Momma.

Tiffini said...

That is such a funny/cute picture. I love that you let her be involved in the craft making!