Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fantastic Husband Tip #3...


When your wife calls to tell you she got a speeding ticket
(yes, a speeding ticket...don't judge me)
 don't be upset
(she's upset enough, as it is).
Instead go to the store and pick out her favorite flowers
(tulips)
in her favorite color
(red)
and give them to her because you know she had a rotten day and those flowers might just cheer her up
ALOT!

PS. Funny sidenote...when I got pulled over yesterday I was overcome with panic. I haven't been pulled over since I was under the care of my parents, maybe 18. As soon as I realized I didn't have to go home and tell my DAD that I got a ticket...the fear went away!

10 comments:

Toshia said...

You make me laugh! I hate that. I went almost 10 years without one and then got 2 in the span of a few weeks about a year ago. I think I've learned my lesson:) It makes it hard to tease your husband for his many tickets when you get 2 close together!

Dannielle said...

Jamie is really sweet - and last time I got a speeding ticket I was so upset about the money that I decided to go out and buy something I wanted for the same amount and I was over it :) It really did help.

Shannon b said...

That's a great little tip! :)
Now can your offer one more tip? . . . . I just want to know what road I should be extra careful on.

Krista Lou Cook said...

You are so funny!!!!

sheila said...

Wow. You do the "bad" thing and you get the flowers. wow. just wow.
just kidding. I read it to Brian and he just shook his head... there's Jamie, making men everywhere look bad!

Rochelle said...

I must need to be bad more often.

Nicole said...

Getting pulled over is never fun! When things are all said and done, whether I got off the hook or not, I usually cry from the stress of it all.

Tonya said...

You must have one of the sweetest hubby's around! I hope the ticket doesn't break the bank:0(

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry! No fun at all to see the lights turn on behind you. I haven't had that happen since I was 19 ... but Todd says I drive like a granny now :)

And I love that Jamie brought you flowers ... that's just SO sweet!

Nikki said...

Sorry about your ticket...but that is sooo funny! Glad that Jamie is so good to you. You deserve the best.

PS...Did you ever tell Dad? :) :)