Tuesday, August 31, 2010

San Fran...

Last year's visit to San Francisco had me salivating for more. I fell in love. This is an amazing city filled with so much history, culture and an abundance of things to see and do. I couldn't wait to go back and this year it was just Jamie and me!

 

It was in the high 50s most of our visit which meant sweaters and long pants and the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge was under a luscious layer of fog our entire trip. Robert Frost once said that the coldest winter he ever endured was the summer he spent in San Francisco. I thought that was funny and I could totally relate. Brrrrrr.



ALCATRAZ
We spent an afternoon over on the Island of Alcatraz exploring all the nooks and crannies of this fascinating, old place filled with so many stories.


"If you break the rules you go to prison. If you break the prison rules...you go to Alcatraz!"


The stories really come to life as you walk through the prison, the guard's quarters (did you know their families lived there, too...including children?) and the surrounding grounds. I felt like I had stepped back in time 60+ years. 

 FISHERMAN'S WHARF
I love all the sites, sounds and smells of the Fisherman's Wharf and I tried to capture them with my camera.




We ate at the Ghiradelli Ice Cream place at Ghiradelli's Square. One of the servers had this 'AWESOME' handlebar mustache that I was trying to get a picture of. I failed numerous times. So, while I was turning around to get our ice cream...Jamie called the guy over. I was REALLY embarrassed especially when Jamie told him to scoot up close to me for a picture. And then instead of looking at the camera he was looking at me...creepy, no? But can you see his handlebar mustache? Hilarious!


WICKED
When I was told that Wicked would be in San Fransisco for our 2010 trip...I told Jamie to buy tickets, it was a MUST see! And we were not disappointed! It was absolutely FANTASTIC! We were both in awe and left the theatre conspiring when we could go to see it again.
It was that good!


It's NO secret how I feel about this incredible city...


San Francisco...OH, HOW I LOVE YOU! 
Until we meet again.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I have never been there, but you make it sound like a must see. How fun!!! The pics you got of Alcatraz are so amazing. I would love to explore all the nooks and crannies of that place. And the guy with the handlebar mustache. He's a hottie. NOT! Hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Jodi: Great photography! I want to go back to San Francisco. We used to take you and Nikki there often when we lived in Santa Cruz. Brings back so many memories!
Love ya, Mom

Shannon b said...

what a great trip! I love all the pictures. And I'm so glad you finally got to see Wicked. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, San Fran is a fun place! And your pictures told the story so perfectly!!!