Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday love...


I love that my birthday started out the night before with a late night movie, yummy carmel popcorn and a Skinny's soda. 


I love that my husband kissed me in the morning and wished me a happy birthday and then left me a card and presents on the kitchen table for me to find when I woke up. 


I love that the first phone call I received was from my mom and dad belting out "Happy Birthday" and making me feel especially loved.


I love that my girlfriends kidnapped me for an early morning breakfast. 


I love that my sweet boy, Ben was so excited about my birthday that he made me a banner while I was at the restaurant. He prepared "Birthday" games for us to play during the day (pin the tape on the bulls eye). 


I love that Ben made me a special card today with significant meaning. We recently finished reading the book "FRINDLE" about a boy who renames the word PEN into FRINDLE. He becomes passionate about the word and a battle ensues between him and his language arts teacher on whether or not the word is real. Fun book. Inside Ben's card was a pen and the words, "Frindle is to Nick what you are to me." Made me cry.
 So sweet.


I love the surprise visit from a good friend and her sweet children. They greeted me at the door with a lovely Happy Birthday song and left me some wonderful treats.


I love that Megan sang me songs all day that went something like, "I love my mom. It's her birthday. My mom is awesome. Happy Birthday, Mom."


I love that Ben and Megan didn't think a birthday was complete without a trip to get ice cream and I loved eating every last bite of my favorite flavored Blizzard (peanut butter Oreo with chocolate ice cream) while sitting in Dairy Queen with my 3 favorite kiddos. Watching them lick their dripping cones while their faces (and hair and shirts) are covered in ice cream is truly delightful.


I love the ring of my doorbell and looking out to see a sweet friend and her daughter with a fun gift and the most delicious treats that I didn't want to share with anyone..but I did, reluctantly!


I love that Ben pulled out a red scarf and layed it down on the floor to represent a red carpet and he made me a crown out of a silver bowl and paper. He wanted me to feel like a queen as I opened up the card they bought me which said..."Hurry, it's time to roll out the red carpet. We bow before you, your Birthday Highness."


I love going out to dinner at our favorite local place, eating some of my favorite food, with my favorite friends.


I love my birthday.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st of all ... beautiful picture of you, Ben and Meg!

And I am so so so glad that you had the most perfect sounding bday one could have :) I wish I could have celebrated with you ... I miss you!

Darilyn said...

That is a great birthday. Happy Birthday!

Dannielle said...

Happy Birthday...sounds like you had a great day. I like how you did the highlighting in white. And I have always wanted to go to Alcatraz Island...someday!

Anonymous said...

Jodi: Your sweet little family knows how to celebrate "Mom" and you so deserve it. Glad you had a great day. Love ya, Mom