Megan is a Sunbeam this year and recently she was given an opportunity to speak in Primary. Our Jr Primary opening excercises start in the chapel so her excitement was aplenty to get to speak into the microphone on the stand...whoo hoo (the joys of being three)! When the time arrived to stand and speak, she was nervous. Who isn't, am I right? When Megan gets nervous, she wants comfort from those she loves. So, as I began to whisper her talk to her...she reached out and planted a big old smooch on me. And that was all she needed. She stood back up and was able to give the rest of her talk, or chunks of it anyway...as she tends to only repeat a few words at a time. She did great and we were MEGA proud of her.
Here is her talk:
2nd Nephi 27:23 “For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles. And I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.”
Miracles blessed the lives of people from long ago when they had faith in Jesus Christ.
In the Old Testament of the Bible, Daniel prayed to God three times a day even though there was a law saying he couldn’t. Daniel was caught praying and was thrown into a lions den. Because of Daniel's great faith, God sent an angel to protect him from the lions. It was a miracle.
Miracles still bless the lives of people today when they have faith in Jesus Christ.
My Aunt Nikki and Uncle Jim wanted to have a baby. They tried and tried but it didn’t happen. But they had faith and didn‘t give up. After many years and lots of lots of prayers, Heavenly Father blessed them with a baby. Baby JT is my cousin. And he is a miracle.
I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is a God of miracles.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
4 comments:
how very sweet ... from the big 'ol smooch to imagining those tender words in her adorable little voice. wtg Meg!!!
Hi Sweet Sister,
I love that you will have that memory forever! I can just imagine that BIG smooch! What a sweet girl. Please let her know how much that sweet talk meant to us. (It made me cry all over again!) :) Love ya!
Jodi:
I am so proud of Megan - I wish I could have been there to see her give her talk. You are such a blessing to your family - the children have a great role-model and are learning the gospel not only at church, but also in the home. Keep up the great work!
Love, Mom
Too sweet! What a great little spirit of comfort she has.
Post a Comment