The few weeks leading up to Time Out For Women were rough for me. I was in a funk. You know the kind of funk where the "delight in the everyday" just doesn't seem very delightful anymore. I had lost the joy I normally find in the everyday, little things. Basically, I was a Grump with a capitol G. I was coming off of October, which is always a hard month for me, the laundry was piling up, the house would not stay clean long enough for me to make a quick lunch, my church calling 'list of to-do's' was a mile long and the holidays were looming. I was feeling overwhelmed with life and it seemed like everything was coming at me all at once. UGH. My fight or flight instincts were telling me to run...run to the hills and run fast! I was in definite need of a few words of encouragement and a little break from the everyday.
Cue-Time Out for Women.
(Sherrie, Lisa, me, my Mom, Aundrea, Rochelle, Mary and Tamera)
(My mom came up for the weekend and it was incredibly enjoyable to go to this inspiring event with with her. We talked ALOT over the two days she was here, or should I say...I talked...she listened.)
Just what the doctor ordered.
From the moment I walked in and saw a huge convention hall filled with like-minded women, many of whom have walked in similar shoes as mine, my spirit let out a large sigh...a sigh of relief. I knew instantly that I was going to be ok. The joy would return and I was going to get my spunk back.
Here are some of the messages I heard and felt inspired to write down:
Ardeth Kapp
- Hope comes when we know God is with us.
- Suffering ceases to be suffering when we realize the reason for it.
- Do your prayers reflect your deepest hopes?
- You can't go back and make a brand new start but you can start fresh and make a brand new end.
- Faith in place of fear.
Emily Watts
- The work we do as mothers is WORTH IT!
- Because of the importance of motherhood, The Lord is our partner in this work.
- In difficult parenting situations, ask The Lord to guide you. Put it in His hands and he will direct you day by day.
Hillary Weeks
- Ask Heavenly Father to help you see the good in other people.
- The more good you see in others, the more good you will see in yourself.
- Jesus gave thanks for the 4 loaves of bread and 2 fish. When we give thanks for our gifts and blessings...He can multiply and magnify them.
S. Micheal Wilcox
- Having something 'out of our comfort zone' is no excuse to not do it. Have hope and look forward.
- When you need hope, look beside you. He is with us in the most difficult of situations.
- Pray and ask Heavenly Father how he sees you.
- May we look to others and see the light and joy that they have.
- Hold up your jewels/gifts and let them shine.
Merrilee Boyack
- In the face of adversity and things that our out of our control, we CAN control our minds. We can choose to be positive.
- Adversity is a strengthening opportunity.
- Choose to accept suffering. Know that the suffering we go thru is here to help us learn and we may not be able to learn it any other way. Suffering should not be an unwelcome thing.
- Choose to let Him bare our burdens. If we think, "I cannot handle this" the Lord will respond, "You do not have to. I am right here. I am right here to carry your burdens."
Over the last few months, I have looked over these notes often and find HOPE in their messages.
Thank you Time out For Women, my mom and my sweet friends for a much needed recharge.
And I am happy to report the joy has returned and I am back to Delighting in the Everyday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment