Saturday, December 11, 2010

You went to bed 3...

and this morning you woke up 4!


Over the last few months our Megan has emerged into a little girl. There is not a trace of baby or toddler on her anywhere. In its place there is a sweet, soft, loving girl whom our family adores. Here is what she is up to as she begins her fourth year of life...

*She remains a girly girl, in the trusest sense of the word. She loves all things pink and purple with a touch of princesses or Barbies thrown in for good measure. Most days you can find her playing with her Barbie, carrying on imaginary conversations and going places that are out of this world.

*She is always the last one at the table and it's not because she is a sloooooow eater (which she is) but the reason her meals linger for far longer than everyone else is because she likes to sing, exercise in her chair, play guessing games, look at the pictures flashing on the computer screen, talk to her friend "La La", and the list could go on and on. The girl is easily distracted.

*She loves to help her little sister. If Ellie is crying, Megan is the first one to her side offering her a blanket for comfort, sharing her snack or helping Ellie pick up a dropped toy or tippy cup. She's a little sweetheart.


*From the instant my little Megan was put into my arms, an obsessed mama was born. Visions of polka dot shoes, cute coordinating tops and hair bows and pig tails galore filled my mind and I was hooked. Over the last 4 years there have been many shopping trips and late nights, on-line, perusing adorable little girl's clothes. Seeing her in an adorable outfit makes me smile and I figured it wouldn't last more than 5 or 6 years anyway...might as well take advantage. 5 or 6 years...HA. What was I thinking? About 6 months ago she started taking a huge interest in dressing herself which on many days makes me cringe. For example...


We have come up with a compromise...every other day she dresses herself and every other day I get to help her pick something out. I have tried to coach her, here and there with "That would match this or it would be a good idea to wear pants today because it's snowing outside, ect..." But I realize she is exerting her independence and maybe along the way she will gain a strong sense of fashion. Or give me grey hairs.

*Although they argue, Megan adores her big brother. So much, in fact, that she has staked her claim on him. She plans to marry him in the temple. When anyone mentions that this is not possible (Ben tells her they can't get married because their children would turn out weird)...she will burst in to tears and repeat over and over, "I want to marry Ben. I want to marry Ben."


*Thinking about Megan makes me smile. She is a happy girl and brings lots and lots of joy to everyone around her.

4-Year-old Stats:
Weight: 40 lbs (83%)
Height: 41" (76%)

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

this made me laugh. So cute.

Anonymous said...

I love little Meg! I about died laughing when you said that she wants to marry Ben and he said they can't because their children would be weird!! I am still laughing!! :) What an amazing little 4 year old. She couldn't be any sweeter or cuter. Love ya!