When we make the trip up to the cabin every year for Christmas, the biggest question on everyone's mind is, "Will there be any snow?" It varies. Some years we have had lots and lots and other years there is just a trace...barely enough to throw a snowball. So, as we turned on to the road to get to the cabin and saw this...
we were in HEAVEN!
The snow.
Awwwww...how our family loves the snow!
And there was PLENTY! Inches and inches of fluffy new snow.
Isn't it beautiful?
Once we arrived, we barely had time to bring in our bags and say hello to our family before the kids were begging to get their snow clothes on. About 10 steps from the front door of the cabin is an awesome snow hill. It's the source of most of the entertainment every year. The kids headed there first and Ben never left the whole weekend. Ok...I exaggerate. He did come in to take like a 2 minute break and then he would head out again for hours and hours. I love his energy. Oh, how I wish I could bottle it up and drink it!
Megan loved the snow hill, too and held her own with the big kids. She went down with me, Jamie, Ben and even tried it a few times solo.
Ellie had a desire to try it, as well. Hey, if her big brother and sister are doing it...she will want to do it, too. She liked it...little dare devil.
But sweet Ellie spent most of her time with her Papa Harley.
Where you saw one...you would see the other.
Super cute bond between these two.
One of the great traditions at the cabin is heading out into the woods and cutting down a Christmas tree. Right there. In the woods. I love the old-fashion feel of it. This year the boys (by boys...I mean Jamie and Cory) wanted to take out their rigs and play in the snow. There was so much snow that we were plowing through it with our bumpers. I could see trouble from the get go.
We didn't get too far before Cory was stuck. And then he got stuck again. And again. AND again. Jamie ended our little 'tree getting' journey stuck, as well. Guess where I was? Inside the truck, staying warm with the smart folk...
Ok...I did get out to throw a few snowballs and take a few pictures!
It was a fantastic, snowy time. BUT the best part of our weekend wasn't the snow...it was spending time with our family. They are amazing and we feel blessed to spend this magical time with them every Christmas.
(Papa and Nana)
(Grandpa H)
(Cory and Colleen)
1 comment:
Beautiful monster loads of snow!!!
So much fun!
We have been really lame parents this year and haven't taken our kiddos to the mountain at all.
I find the older I am getting the whimpier I'm getting. Dang!
Post a Comment