Monday, January 24, 2011

Funny little things...

Recently Ben was playing on the Wii when I heard him shout out for joy and say, "I should get extra points for my awesomeness." Reminded me of Barney on 'How I Met Your Mother'.

Today we dropped Jamie's lunch off for him at work.We do this often and  his normal routine when he comes out to the car to retreive it is he gives a round of kisses...starting in the back with Ellie and Meg (Ben's at school) and then he comes to the front and kisses me. As we were leaving the parking lot, Megan said, "I am falling so in love with Daddy." So sweet.

Ellie is saying all kinds of cool things these days but the cutest is the way she answers YES. When asked, 'Do you want to color?', 'Are you hungry?', 'Ready for a book?'...she says, "sure" in this New York accent "shuwa". Cracks us up!

Ben has learned about synonyms and recently used one on me. For dinner, I had tried out a new recipe 'Beef Tamale Bake' and after he tried a few bites, I could tell he didn't like it. So I asked, "What do you think?" He thought for a minute and replied, "I think it is foul". I looked surprised because we have a rule at our house that you can't groan, moan or say something is yucky or bad. It's ok to say something isn't your favorite but don't complain. He looked at me with a "WHAT?" face and said, "I thought foul would sound better than saying it is really, really bad!"


My funny littles!

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

Those are such cute pictures. Ben makes me laugh, foul, that is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Are they the cutest grandchildren ever! I love them to pieces and can't wait to see them.
Love, Mom and Grandma

Shannon b said...

Ben's comment is legen- . . . wait for it, wait for it . . . -DARY! :)

Lisa said...

Awww! What adorable kids.